Meeting options: Please Read

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/

BCB venue options: your preference

Stick with Thursday at RNV
No votes
Move to Monday at RNV
68%
Move to Sunday at RNV
18%
Find another venue
14%

Total votes: 22

Taz Ales
Site Admin

Meeting options: Please Read

Post by Taz Ales »

Right then, here we go...

I spoke to the manager at the Volly today, and talked about the problems of holding a meeting with all the noise going on. As we suspected, the room upstairs was being hired out, and for a fair whack of money, so nothing we could compete with to guarantee the room. However, we did come up with some options.

The first suggestion is that he would try to give us notice before the meeting, so we can make alternative arrangements if needs be. While this is useful, it won't really solve the problem, but I was very grateful to hear that he still supports us and wants to help.

Option 2. Move to a different night. Basically Thursday is always going to be busy... and frankly that's the case wherever we choose to go. The suggestion is either Sunday evening or Monday, and importantly he said that he could pretty much guarantee we'll get the upstairs room 99% of the time if we switch to one of those nights.

So here's what I think. Let's move meetings to the first Monday of the month, and continue to support a great pub with the best function room we've had the use of. Obviously I can't make this decision alone, and I'm aware that it'll not be perfect for everyone, but I don't think that we're going to have much luck finding an alternative venue.

Please post comments, and vote on the poll
Taz... or Chris. It's up to you.
TomAdam

Re: Meeting options: Please Read

Post by TomAdam »

Monday's actually work rather well for me. I have been missing quite a lot of meetings in both BCB and BBC due to overlaps with other groups and work.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

can we have more than one option in the poll?
Taz Ales
Site Admin

Post by Taz Ales »

There are four options. Have I missed anything?
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I meant you can only choose one option, I am quite happy with a few of the options.

So far I've gone with Monday, but, on reflection, I think Sunday would be pretty damn good too.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

Thanks Taz, for the update and the negotiation. It seems we are bedevilled with these issues at our venues.
I have gone for monday. I think I would also make the point that to further improve our chances of a quiet night, we could hold the meeting at the end of the month, before people get paid, and when the demand for gigs, celebrations etc, is consequently lower.
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
Taz Ales
Site Admin

Post by Taz Ales »

Roger: You can now vote for up to two options.

Steve: I think you're right about this. So perhaps the last monday of the month.
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

Sunday would be a nightmare, I'd never up for work on the Monday. Would last Monday be three days after BBC (maybe?) Think I'd prefer the two clubs a little more spread out through the month. As soon as I can get to a desktop I'll vote.
60 percent of the time it works every time.
rodneygullick

Post by rodneygullick »

i have voted for the monday option it dosent matter if it is the beginning or the end of the month
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

PMowdes wrote:Sunday would be a nightmare, I'd never up for work on the Monday.
I feel the same about getting up on Friday or Tuesday :)

Sunday would be a more relaxing day, the meeting could be a bit earlier, we could finish earlier and wouldn't have been at work all day.