Thanks

Local and National competitions, including the NHC and the Welsh National.
alikocho

Thanks

Post by alikocho »

A huge thanks to all who helped out in judging and stewarding today. It wouldn't have been possible without you, and I hope you had a good time (even if there was some realization that it's a rather demanding process).

And particular thanks to Matt Leaver who had one of the less interesting jobs and kept things running smoothly.
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com
I_used_to_brew

Re: Thanks

Post by I_used_to_brew »

And thanks to you too Ali, setting the standard for a great competition that is going to get people talking and I'm sure the number of entries next year will be huge :)
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

Trunky wrote:And thanks to you too Ali, setting the standard for a great competition that is going to get people talking and I'm sure the number of entries next year will be huge :)
I enjoyed it. Next year, we'll need a bigger room, and to start earlier. Oh, and more judges.
Ali

BJCP National Judge

periolus

Post by periolus »

If next year's competition is bigger, is there any chance some of the judging might have to take place on the first of a two-day event?

Just as some feedback (I actually thought the room was okay for the size of the comp this year), two or three people at the London & SE comp said they felt the room was too small for this year's event. One person also complained that St. Werburgh's wasn't in Bristol. Having failed to convince them twice, I then just ignored them ; )
FV1: EMPTY
FV2: EMPTY
Conditioning: NOWT
Drinking:Countdown Conundrum - Best Bitter; Haka! The Herald - Pacific IPA
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

periolus wrote:If next year's competition is bigger, is there any chance some of the judging might have to take place on the first of a two-day event?

Just as some feedback (I actually thought the room was okay for the size of the comp this year), two or three people at the London & SE comp said they felt the room was too small for this year's event. One person also complained that St. Werburgh's wasn't in Bristol. Having failed to convince them twice, I then just ignored them ; )
Two day judging is almost a certainty. It would have been done this year, but with people bringing beer on the day there were no complete categories before the morning of he comp.
Ali

BJCP National Judge