Introduce yourself...

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
PMowdes

Re: Introduce yourself...

Post by PMowdes »

Hi,

I'm Phil, I live in Horfield and am about to brew my third full grain batch.

I've always been a fan of a good ale and was persuaded to take up brewing by my collegue, your very own Mr Poole.
60 percent of the time it works every time.
Capn Ahab

Post by Capn Ahab »

Hi Phil, welcome.

You're probably within walking distance of the miners arms in st Werburghs if you fancy sharing your efforts at beer club (3rd Thursday of every month). Have you tried Rich's beer - he really knows his shit.
Eat sh*t or die trying
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

And if you can't wait that long and fancy sampling a nice load of 'winter warmers' (whatever they are) then Bristol Craft Brewers meet on the 6th December. It's allways the first Thursday of the month at the Stag and Hounds on Old Market, RichP will most likely be there too.
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

I'll be along if I can, have a new arrival in the family so pub time its limited. I'vehad a few of Rich's brews, they ain't half bad.
60 percent of the time it works every time.
stuey-s

Post by stuey-s »

Hi,

Stuart here.

Just starting out brewing beer having made wine a few times a good number of years ago.

Have a Wherry kit on the go to tide me over and learn about the fermenting part of things.

Beginning to gather kit together to start all grain brewing as soon as possible. Will most likely start with BIAB until funds allow for a mash tun.

Cheers,

Stu :)
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

Welcome Stu. Many of us started on wherry.. Beware, this is a hobby that you can get hooked on!
We meet 1st thursday of every month at the stag and hounds, Old Market 7:30 for an 8 start. Friendly bunch, so bring a bottle of wherry and talk about (and drink) beer. Hope to see you there.
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
Capn Ahab

Post by Capn Ahab »

steve crawshaw wrote:We meet 1st thursday of every month at the stag and hounds, Old Market 7:30 for an 8 start. Friendly bunch, so bring a bottle of wherry and talk about (and drink) beer. Hope to see you there.
cheers
steve
There is another club meeting in Bristol as well... specifically aimed at brewers who don't take themselves too seriously; 'Bristol's Most Relaxed Beer Club' (c) in fact. We have a meeting this Thursday at the Miners Arms in St Werburghs, where we will drink and discuss homebrew. No agenda, no formalities, just talking a nice mixture of shite and sense about homebrew. Some of our number are pretty knowledgeable and you will pretty much always learn something.

*Disclosure* I also go to Bristol Craft Brewers on the first Thursday of each month and they are all a good bunch of people and brewers who will also teach you a lot (as they did for me). The two clubs are quite different animals though....

Might see you down there?
Eat sh*t or die trying
Taz Ales
Site Admin

Post by Taz Ales »

Be patient with the Wherry because it takes weeks to clear.

WRT mash tun. You can build one very easily for about 20 quid, but if you come along to club meetings you'll probably find somebody willing to lend you one for a brew before you make your own. Can be useful for figuring out how to do it.
Taz... or Chris. It's up to you.
DanIPA

Post by DanIPA »

Hi All,

My name is Dan recently moved to Bristol. Started brewing this year, have done one extract and two full grain brews (an IPA that has just been bottled and a stout that's still fermenting). Hoppy pale ales are my favourite but love most styles.

Still have a lot to learn and it would be great to pick the brains of more experienced people and also to sample some beer!

Based in Clifton at the moment, look forward to hearing/seeing you guys in the near future.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

DanIPA wrote:Hi All,

My name is Dan recently moved to Bristol. Started brewing this year, have done one extract and two full grain brews (an IPA that has just been bottled and a stout that's still fermenting). Hoppy pale ales are my favourite but love most styles.

Still have a lot to learn and it would be great to pick the brains of more experienced people and also to sample some beer!

Based in Clifton at the moment, look forward to hearing/seeing you guys in the near future.
Hi There, if you have the free time pop along to the next meeting on the 4th April details on where are here http://www.bristolbrewers.co.uk/

Should be plenty of beer to sample.