Borrow/Buy CO2 Regulator

Post your adverts here. Also includes swaps, freecycling and borrowing.
juliancheal

Borrow/Buy CO2 Regulator

Post by juliancheal »

Hey everyone.

I had a disaster this morning. While bottling my brew for the BBC meetup tonight, the adjustment screw broke on my regulator. Luckily for BBC I managed to bottle enough for tonight first.

Would anyone be able to lend me or sell me a spare CO2 regulator? I'm a bit worried about the beer in the keg as the pressure was set low in order to bottle, so hopefully there is enough pressure to hold the lid tight while I get a replacement regulator.

If anyone can help me out, could you bring it to BBC tonight if you are coming, otherwise I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow. Thanks!
Capn Ahab

Re: Borrow/Buy CO2 Regulator

Post by Capn Ahab »

How low?

It's probably not the sort of thing people carry spares of (I don't). Surely somewhere local must sell them, so you don't have to wait for it to be posted to you? Give Whites Cellar supplies a ring and see if they can help or point you in the right direction.

I'd have thought you should probably get away with it at around 5psi.
Eat sh*t or die trying
juliancheal

Post by juliancheal »

Yeah it's probably somewhere around 5 psi, maybe a bit less, good thinking with Whites Cellar I'll give them a bell.
mrlard

Post by mrlard »

Bristol gas sell co2 regs for around 40 quid.

You can get the same online for around 25 but then there is post etc. Plus if you need it today.

Unless your cornies looks like a steel drum it should be fine with 5 psi