Greetings from Dublin

Anything and everything about beer and brewing it.
CapitalDublinDes

Greetings from Dublin

Post by CapitalDublinDes »

Hello Bristol Brewers!

My name is Des and I'm involved with the homebrewers group in Dublin, we're called "Capital Brewers".

A few of us are flying into Bristol on Saturday 9th of May to check out the craft and cask beer scene for the day, we are flying back that evening.

It'd be great to meet a few like-minded souls who know the area and have a chat about homebrewing, beer and whatever else.

If anyone would be around and would like to meet up, let me know, I'll check back here regularly to see if anyone is interested.

Meanwhile, we are pretty active on Twitter and can be reached there

https://twitter.com/CapitalBrewers
Rob___I

Re: Greetings from Dublin

Post by Rob___I »

Hello!

You've made a good choice coming to Bristol - there are plenty of fantastic beery places to visit. But I think you'll find one day is no where near enough time!

As you're only here a short while I'd recommend visiting some of the pubs and bars on King Street. The Beer Emporium, Small Bar and Volunteer all have a great selection of well kept cask and craft. And if you've got time you could head over to LHG's new tap room and brewery on Finzels Reach (about a 10 min walk through Castle park and over the bridge).

I'll mention this to the others when we meet on Monday next week....

Cheers,
Rob
CapitalDublinDes

Post by CapitalDublinDes »

Hi Rob!

Our flight in lands at 7.40 or some other ungodly hour, and we've to be back in the airport for about 7.30 8pm ish

We are going to be looking for a good place for a full english type breakfast I suppose, then start hitting the bars and then gave some more food mid afternoon.

Definitely interested in the brewery and tap alright.

Thanks for the reply! Looks like we already have 6 signed up, maybe one or two more.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I think I am available. The day before is a Bank Holiday.....