Pegas counter pressure bottle filler for PET bottles

PMowdes

Re: Pegas counter pressure bottle filler for PET bottles

Post by PMowdes »

steve crawshaw wrote:The coopers bottles from tesco are a good choice for PET bottles - you can click and collect and sometimes they have them on offer - £7 for 24, buy a few boxes..
cheers
steve

Have you got a link? I can't seem to find them online.
60 percent of the time it works every time.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

angusb1 wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B58-RG ... cslist_apiA few minutes with an angle grinder produced this. Not my finest work but it seems to function ok with Bath Ales bottles. Cheers for the washers Steve.
will be interested to hear your reports on this chinese version. Also did you have to grind those flats on the outside circumference? On my pegas the washer fitted neatly inside without any trimming of the outside...
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

steve crawshaw wrote:
angusb1 wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B58-RG ... cslist_apiA few minutes with an angle grinder produced this. Not my finest work but it seems to function ok with Bath Ales bottles. Cheers for the washers Steve.
will be interested to hear your reports on this chinese version. Also did you have to grind those flats on the outside circumference? On my pegas the washer fitted neatly inside without any trimming of the outside...
I should have mine up and running by tomorrow. How do you clean yours Steve? I've had it apart and soaked in oxy, but I can't see myself doing that the whole time.

Temped to rig up a line cleaner from a garden pressure sprayer and a cornie post so I can attach it straight on the beer line.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

I can't say I actually "clean" mine. My dispense process now is almost entirely kegging. I only bottle when I need to bring some beers to beer club or give some beers away. Hence I am not too worried about infection taints from bottle filling as they take reasonably long time to manifest themselves and the beer won't be in the bottle that long.

What I tend to do is use the filler, then immediately flush with a peracetic solution direct from a keg - I keep one keg full of this at all times and use to flush my picnic tap too. I also put a coopers bottle into the clamp, fill with PA until its full and allow the PA to exit via the vent line to ensure that all surfaces are flushed and covered by the sanitiser. I leave PA in the line and in the pegas when not in use so I don't think anything can be living in there. I guess a periodic flush with oxi clean or beer line cleaner would be extra insurance. Don't keep beer line cleaner in a corny, it will rust the stainless. Ask me how I know...

cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

steve crawshaw wrote:Don't keep beer line cleaner in a corny, it will rust the stainless. Ask me how I know...
Good to know and it's probably more by luck, that I always use only my 5litre corny for line cleaning which means line cleaner then rinse keg and flush lines with water.
angusb1

Post by angusb1 »

steve crawshaw wrote:
I did have to cut the flats on it. The part that holds it has flats on the inside of it so what I made was pretty snug. I haven't tried using it yet as I haven't made any beer for months but I lent it to a mate who usually uses a 4 head syphon filler and he liked it and is going to order some. He reckons it is reasonably quick and he likes the convenience of not having to fill a reservoir and the way it works generally.
simonmwhite

Post by simonmwhite »

Hello everyone,

I know this is an old thread but think it's relevant asked here. What was the overall consensus on the Chinese copy of the Pegas Eco tap? I'm planning on m making the leap to a keg system and plan to dispense into glass bottles. Are they worth a punt or would you stick with tried and tested quality from Pegas?

Anyone got any recommendations for dispensing into growlers?

Thanks,

Simon.
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

simonmwhite wrote:Hello everyone,

I know this is an old thread but think it's relevant asked here. What was the overall consensus on the Chinese copy of the Pegas Eco tap? I'm planning on m making the leap to a keg system and plan to dispense into glass bottles. Are they worth a punt or would you stick with tried and tested quality from Pegas?

Anyone got any recommendations for dispensing into growlers?

Thanks,

Simon.
I brought a Chinese knock off, it lasted about 6 months before all the plastic fell to bits. buy cheap buy twice so they say.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

I have heard of some failures of the chinese rip off on the hoporific forum too.
There is a new product called evolution which is stainless which i would buy if i was in the market, however, my eco tap is going strong..
steve