CO2 gas bottles

steve crawshaw

CO2 gas bottles

Post by steve crawshaw »

Went to Whites in Lawrence Hill to refresh my gas bottle on the weekend. They said that they will be going over to a larger bottle, about 3 times the capacity of the normal ones at a cost of £46 instead of £22. It will offer some cost savings in the long term, but they are going to be a lot heavier which will be a consideration for some (including me) that need to get them down stairs etc.
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
darrenw

Re: CO2 gas bottles

Post by darrenw »

Wonder if this is a global thing for other suppliers, doubt I'll be able to fit one of those next to my fridge have a 6.3 kg one at present, how big is it?
Darren
----
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Colin said they only had the big ones when he's been. I'm not bothered really, still got two small ones to work through.

Did they do an exchange for the small bottle?
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

RogerP wrote:Colin said they only had the big ones when he's been. I'm not bothered really, still got two small ones to work through.

Did they do an exchange for the small bottle?
I got a smaller one this time, but I guess it will be a monster next time. For me the issue is manhandling into the cellar but can probably manage if i'm careful. Hopefully they will just exchange small for big.
s
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

The "small" ones last me around 8 months, the big ones will be almost 'fit and forget'
timstaley

Post by timstaley »

Bablake wine still sell the normal size,or did two months ago
Jose_Garasto

Post by Jose_Garasto »

RogerP wrote:The "small" ones last me around 8 months, the big ones will be almost 'fit and forget'
Is it the 1.5 kg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

"small" ones are about 14kg from memory..
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

The small ones I have are called 14Lb cylinders as they have that much CO2 in them (6.4kg ish) they weigh a lot more.
beerbulger

Post by beerbulger »

Just collected a large bottle from White's. Now £48 plus VAT, but no deposit charged (and I had no bottle to exchange). It is a beast though, I couldn't lift it out of the car.