Orders app

If there's something missing from the site or discussion forums that you think ought to be included, tell me about it here.
Capn Ahab

Orders app

Post by Capn Ahab »

Am I being thick or is there no obvious way through to the orders app from the forum? It also seems that I have a different password to the one I use for the forum. Is there any way we can link these things up, so one log in gives you access to both, or is it a problem that some people are forum members but not part of bulk ordering?

Cheers.
Eat sh*t or die trying
Taz Ales
Site Admin

Re: Orders app

Post by Taz Ales »

You are correct, sort of. You can click the bear to go to the homepage and navigate from there though.

Most of the problems stem from the fact that we're using an open source forums system called phpBB, whereas the rest of the site was hand built by me in a different language (Adobe Coldfusion).

The reason why I can't combine the logins is because the password is hashed, which means its a one-way encryption. That wouldn't normally be a problem but for the fact that Coldfusion and PHP use different algorithms to encrypt a hash key. Also the session cannot be transferred between the two applications.

The other reason why the forum and orders app are separate are to make sure that only local members of the Bristol clubs are able to use the latter.

I know its a bit of a pain in the arse, but I really don't have the time to implement anything that ties the two together. My company is no longer trading and I've been forced to find work elsewhere. Currently I'm working as a clerical doodah at the University. There don't seem to be enough hours in the day.
Taz... or Chris. It's up to you.
Capn Ahab

Re: Orders app

Post by Capn Ahab »

Furry muff mate.

Cheers for the answer.
Eat sh*t or die trying