Copper Fittings (Solder Ring)

Post your adverts here. Also includes swaps, freecycling and borrowing.
alikocho

Re: Copper Fittings (Solder Ring)

Post by alikocho »

RogerP wrote:You join for the membership year which is the same as the calender year, so on that basis you need to pay for May-December = £8. Everybody renews in January. That way, everybody is in sync and it makes life easy.
I thought everyone paid £12 as a flat rate. If it's pro-rata then some may feel they are owed a refund* (I've only been to one meeting this year, for example).

*I don't want or expect a refund. I think £12 for the year is fair, regardless of the number of meeting one comes to. This is just a reflection of what I thought was the case.
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Having referred to the treasurers notes which are ready to pass on to the incoming treasurer, I can see that Barny was actually at the January meeting and has attended 3 meetings in total (January, February and April, missed the March meeting, tut tut). Nobody is normally invited to become a 'full member' untill attending three meetings. Condition met, pays £8 for the remainder of the year = total of £11 paid.

Similarly if the three meeting rule was met in November (after attending September and October too) it would be wrong to ask for more than enough to cover to the end of the year.

If the incoming treasure wants to do it differently then I'm sure it can be discussed. It was all documented in the minutes of the January meeting.

HTH
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

Ok. I was just asking for clarity. Seems we have it.
Ali

BJCP National Judge

I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Perhaps you didn't realise that potential members do pay each time they attend before being asked to join.
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

RogerP wrote:Perhaps you didn't realise that potential members do pay each time they attend before being asked to join.
No I realized that. I just didn't know how many meetings Barnaby had been to this year (cos I only came to the March one).
Ali

BJCP National Judge

periolus

Post by periolus »

I was a little confused too - I thought I still owed a year's subs after paying my £1 per week until I reached full member status. It was nice to have enough change to buy a pint with at the end of the meeting!

There will be occasional meetings I simply can't get to - I was gutted that I missed March, Ali. It would be interesting to read your publication at some point.
FV1: EMPTY
FV2: EMPTY
Conditioning: NOWT
Drinking:Countdown Conundrum - Best Bitter; Haka! The Herald - Pacific IPA
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA