pilsner malt

Post your adverts here. Also includes swaps, freecycling and borrowing.
rodneygullick

pilsner malt

Post by rodneygullick »

I don't suppose anyone could sell me 200grams of pilsner I want to brew a bock I've come up short by about 200grams I would buy a 25k bag of it but I don't know if I will ever make another lager ( lager is new to me )
steve crawshaw

Re: pilsner malt

Post by steve crawshaw »

happy to sell you 200g but question whether this amount is detectable in a 20L batch? Would suggest you can replace pilsner with pale at this quantity..

Bock is a lager, so you will need an appropriate lager yeast and temperature control to ferment this style.

"designing great beers" recommends a mainly munich base malt profile. What is your recipe?

I would be interested in splitting a 25Kg bag of pilsner if anyone is interested?
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
rodneygullick

Post by rodneygullick »

i will split a 25g bag with you ,how long will it take to get only i am away on holiday for a aprox a month from the 18th of this month back on the 13th december
rodneygullick

Post by rodneygullick »

brewing classic styles by jamil zainasheff and john palmer page 84 angel wings
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

OK so the 200g is just to get you enough pilsner malt? 3.63 Kg in the recipe? You could just scale the recipe instead of worrying about the extra 200g, i.e. go for a batch of 19 L instead of 20.

If you can wait till you get back that would suit me, but let me know if you need it before you go away - email me.
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
rodneygullick

Post by rodneygullick »

I cant scale back because if I use all grain I've got to boil for 90 minutes ( I will not need the pilsner until I come home from Scotland as it is too late to make it before ) so I will get in touch with you when I get home ok Rodney
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

What Steve was saying is, if your only 200g short, don't worry about it. It really won't make a difference. As in 4.8kg when the recipe calls for 5.0kg, doesn't matter at all.