Cornies

Post your adverts here. Also includes swaps, freecycling and borrowing.
I_used_to_brew

Cornies

Post by I_used_to_brew »

These work out at £34ish delivered. They are refurbed, so no pissing around with them. https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/a-ref ... -2870.html
vacant

Re: Cornies

Post by vacant »

RogerP wrote:These work out at £34ish delivered. They are refurbed, so no pissing around with them. https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/a-ref ... -2870.html
I've had good service from them, maybe there should be a sticky about using this company's web sites:

thehomebrewcompany.co.uk - site is in pounds sterling ... highest prices
thehomebrewcompany.ie - choose prices in pounds sterling from the drop-down menu ... medium prices
thehomebrewcompany.ie - choose prices in euros and let PayPal do the currency conversion at better rates ... lowest prices

edit: about £27 each delivered if you go for the pack of five
When a man is tired of beer, he is tired of life; for there is in beer all that life can afford
beerbulger

Post by beerbulger »

Thanks for the heads up Roger, my 5 arrived today. Pleased with them for the money, but the O-rings on the posts clearly haven't been changed and one is missing.

Mark
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

beerbulger wrote:Thanks for the heads up Roger, my 5 arrived today. Pleased with them for the money, but the O-rings on the posts clearly haven't been changed and one is missing.

Mark

Hmm, that's not so good. I'd complain. Have you got some spares? Along with the main o ring they need replacing quite often anyway.

Talking of O rings, got a huge silicone one for you, if you still want it?
vacant

Post by vacant »

beerbulger wrote:but the O-rings on the posts clearly haven't been changed and one is missing.
grumpydev on the brewing forum had a smashed pressure release valve on one of his, emailed them and they're sending out a replacement without any fuss. These cornies are allowed to be "cosmetically challenged" but are meant to be in working order so it shouldn't be an issue to get faults fixed FOC.

Not seen any bad press about this supplier but as a last resort Consumer Contracts Regulations (superceded the Distance Selling Regulations) allow a return & refund.
When a man is tired of beer, he is tired of life; for there is in beer all that life can afford
beerbulger

Post by beerbulger »

Only fair to follow up. Contacted them and received replacement O-rings, so I'm happy with the service.