70L and 100L stainless stock pots

Post your adverts here. Also includes swaps, freecycling and borrowing.
angusb1

70L and 100L stainless stock pots

Post by angusb1 »

I have found a place selling 70 or so second hand stainless steel stock pots. They are £50 + VAT + postage and most have lids, some with clamps to hold the lid on. All in what looks like good condition and came from a pharmaceutical company. I phoned them up to ask about them and was told I could pick some from the pictures ie - I would like a 100L 50cmx50cm one with a lid and clamp to hold it on etc. They can organise postage to me but I won't know how much it would cost until I know how many I will order. I'm probably going to get 4 as I want to have a larger boil kettle and a hot liquor tank that actually holds all the water I will use plus I want to have a bigger mash tun and a spare one to use for storing grains in a rodentproof container.

If anyone else is interested in having any it would probably mean cheaper postage so let me know at the meeting tonight if you are interested or by email in the next couple of days, ideally tomorrow as I am keen to get mine asap.

It's not massively cheaper than the cheapest stock pots mrlard sells on his website brewbuilder but I think these might well be similar to the thicker ones which cost a bit more so probably a bit of a saving over the new price, I won't know for sure til I get mine though.

Angus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I_used_to_brew

Re: 70L and 100L stainless stock pots

Post by I_used_to_brew »

1 x 100L with lid/clamp/gasket please :)
beerbulger

Post by beerbulger »

I'd also be up for 2x100L with clamping lid. Where are these being shipped from? Is collection possible?

Mark
angusb1

Post by angusb1 »

They are near Newcastle so unless you will be going that way anyway its probably a lot cheaper to get them shipped. I've just emailed them to see how many they can get on a pallet so I should be able to give you an exact price for shipping this morning.
beerbulger

Post by beerbulger »

Yeap, not going anywhere near Newcastle.
angusb1

Post by angusb1 »

So here is a photo of the pots they have picked out for me.

They are 100L with a lid and a clamp to hold the lid on. There isn't a gasket to go between the lid and the pot itself. Postage will be £10 on each one so including vat and postage it will cost £70.

RogerP and beerbulger are you happy with this? If you are I will go ahead and order them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

The price is fine, but they look like 200Litre drums to me so please check. I would estimate those to be 50cm diameter and 100cm tall if that's a standard pallet, so around 200litres.
angusb1

Post by angusb1 »

I've emailed them to ask for external measurements. I'll let you know the details in the morning.
beerbulger

Post by beerbulger »

£70 sounds okay to me as well, but I will wait until you get size confirmation. It would be one hell of a grain store though Rog ...
angusb1

Post by angusb1 »

I just got a reply from them and the drums with the lever clamp lids in the photo measure 440mm diameter x 640mm height which works out at just short of 100L.