Wanted: 40 to 60 litre stainless steel brew pot with lid

Post your adverts here. Also includes swaps, freecycling and borrowing.
brew2beer

Wanted: 40 to 60 litre stainless steel brew pot with lid

Post by brew2beer »

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade from my aluminium brew pot and would be interested in any stainless steel brew pot of 40 to 60 litre capacity, with a lid (happy to collect anywhere in Bristol or up to around 20 miles from Bristol). If anyone wants to swap for my 40 litre aluminium brew pot with lid I'd also be happy to do that (only used a few times)

Thanks
PMowdes

Re: Wanted: 40 to 60 litre stainless steel brew pot with lid

Post by PMowdes »

brew2beer wrote:Hi, I'm looking to upgrade from my aluminium brew pot and would be interested in any stainless steel brew pot of 40 to 60 litre capacity, with a lid (happy to collect anywhere in Bristol or up to around 20 miles from Bristol). If anyone wants to swap for my 40 litre aluminium brew pot with lid I'd also be happy to do that (only used a few times)

Thanks
Have a look at www.homebrewbuilder. Mark who runs it lives on the ring road near Emersons green, he sells just about all you'll ever need equipment wise.
60 percent of the time it works every time.
brew2beer

Post by brew2beer »

Thanks for the tip! I'll have a look. Also interested to hear of any second hand brew pots available
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

You could always try Rajani's if you want to adapt one yourself. They often have large stainless pots in stock.
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
brew2beer

Post by brew2beer »

Thanks I've had a look there too now, it's actually just a basic generic stock-pot style one that I'm after anyway (not necessarily with tap/thermometer etc.), but always nice to have the potential to alter it later!
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

brew2beer wrote:Thanks I've had a look there too now, it's actually just a basic generic stock-pot style one that I'm after anyway (not necessarily with tap/thermometer etc.), but always nice to have the potential to alter it later!
There is no issue with Aluminium, nothing at all. It has the advantage of being a better conductor of heat than SS. If you need SS then buy this, it's as cheap as you'll get.

£55 from http://www.brewbuilder.co.uk/index.php? ... uct_id=101 Image