Primary regulator wanted.

Post your adverts here. Also includes swaps, freecycling and borrowing.
Jeltz69

Primary regulator wanted.

Post by Jeltz69 »

My old CO2 regulator is knackered I've not used it for over 8 years and had it for use in conjunction with aquarium stuff so I need to replace it so before I head off to eblag does anyone have a primary (or dual) that they want to sell?
I_used_to_brew

Re: Primary regulator wanted.

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I have one, it's a pure primary - no pressure gauge - so ideal if you have secondary regs. You could remove one of the safety valves and install a gauge if you really wanted to.
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

Interesting, how much would that be, if I stripped off a gauge from my broken reg and replaced a safety valve do you know if that would give me the bottle pressure or working pressure? I don't have a secondary but if I got one that might give me greater flexibility as I believe they can be daisy chained together?
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Jeltz69 wrote:Interesting, how much would that be, if I stripped off a gauge from my broken reg and replaced a safety valve do you know if that would give me the bottle pressure or working pressure? I don't have a secondary but if I got one that might give me greater flexibility as I believe they can be daisy chained together?
I don't know which it would give, probably best used with secondary regs (I just sold 6 on eBay). It's just a spare so £5 would be fine.

To be honest http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Single-Stage- ... 23405a2031 for under £23 delivered sounds amazing. Just swap the outlet for a John guest fitting and it's perfect.
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

Thanks Roger I may well be suited, I'm waiting to hear back from someone who has something like the one you linked to spare apparently they aren't great for low pressure control but he also has a couple of secondary regs which can be attached after. :)
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I use one of those regs and it's fine.

Be wary of used (primary) regs, check the date they are certified to - having checked my spare it's only certified 'till 2016. It will then go in the bin. Check for signs of liquid getting into the reg. Always use a oneway valve to protect the reg. (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Guest-3- ... 25865ce207)

I have worked around bottled gas for over 30 years and would never take chances.
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

I totally agree, I didn't realise regulators had a best before date, that's something to check. Cheers.