Cornie Kegs wanted

Post your adverts here. Also includes swaps, freecycling and borrowing.
PMowdes

Cornie Kegs wanted

Post by PMowdes »

Does anyone have any good leads on cornie kegs or have a couple that they want to sell?

I've been looking but all roads seem to end up with Norman "Corny king". and at the moment he only seems to be selling new italian made ones for in excess of £100 which is a stretch too far at the moment.

Cheers

Phil
60 percent of the time it works every time.
I_used_to_brew

Re: Cornie Kegs wanted

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Shocking isn't it, he used to sell them at £30 for two with a pair of disco's in 2009 including delivery if you did a deal outside of ebay. Kept all the discos and sold the kegs to standardise on NC Jolly kegs myself. Can't recall paying more than £30 a pop for new ones either.
On one of the forums I've seen £200 for 4 including shipping from Denmark.

My preference if starting from scratch would be to buy Euro kegs from http://www.crusaderkegsandcasks.com/products.htm for around the £70 mark for the larger sizes ( the minimum order is one for the 30l and 50l but for the 20l the minimum order is 20). They use a standard Sankey S-Type connector, you need to be a little inventive to make a tool to dismantle the spear, but nothing too hard.
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

Thanks Rog,

I found the manufacter of the italian ones and emailed them, a few days later i got a phone call from Norman saying that they didn't sell small quantities and that he imports them into the uk. Can't escape the guy.

Cheers for the lead on the eurokegs. just a shame that the 20l ones have a high min order quantity. 30l is too large for me at the moment unless i build a new boiler and get a bigger mash tun.

Perhaps i'll ask at the club to see if i can drum up some interest for a bulk buy for some 20l kegs.
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

Ok...

I may be able to help soon as I've been made aware of a source of a number of corny kegs in need of refurbishment. I have a good source for parts. I'll know by the end of the month if I have kegs available.

As to the Eurokegs from Crusader, they'll do them with a Grundy spear, which is easier to decompress and dismantle. to be honest all you need with a grundy keg is a plumbers wrench and a srewdriver and with a sankey a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. But, harder to clean. I can get them for you at trade prices and also get you plastic versions of 20l and 30l.
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

Cheers Ali,

Let me know if the cornie kegs become available.

I'll have a think about the others, i have to see what my finances will allow.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

PMowdes wrote: 30l is too large for me at the moment .
There is no need or obligation to fill a keg to the brim. Crusader deliver free too.
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

Fair point Roger.

Do you know where i can source a Sankey S-Type connector or whatever i will need to get the stuff back out again?
juliancheal

Post by juliancheal »

+1 to that Ali, I'd be interested in some more cornys.
SamTait

Post by SamTait »

Same here Ali
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

PMowdes wrote:Fair point Roger.

Do you know where i can source a Sankey S-Type connector or whatever i will need to get the stuff back out again?
Ebay is your friend here. I picked up a load of Grundy connectors for 99p each. plus postage (they are heavy). A trip to Whites Cellar Supplies would probably also work.
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com