CBA Club-only Competitions 2013-2014

Meetings, Beer Festivals, etc.
Bimster

Re: CBA Club-only Competitions 2013-2014

Post by Bimster »

periolus wrote:Do we need to put official labels on these? I wasn't going to enter, but it has turned out much nicer than I expected! Taz, can I drop bottles on Tuesday? Are you at home in the afternoon at all?
The porter for BBC's entry has been chosen already mate so you'll have to take it to BCB on Thursday and hope it gets chosen.

If your beer is the one entered then you cannot judge.
James

BJCP Certified Judge
periolus

Post by periolus »

RogerP wrote:
periolus wrote:What happens about judging if we are entering? I assume we can't.
Obviously. I presume that's what the BBC dudes did?
Well not necessarily, depending on the number of entries, judges entering robust porters could still judge brown and robust entries, couldn't they? If it was feasible to do so?
FV1: EMPTY
FV2: EMPTY
Conditioning: NOWT
Drinking:Countdown Conundrum - Best Bitter; Haka! The Herald - Pacific IPA
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA
Capn Ahab

Post by Capn Ahab »

periolus wrote:
RogerP wrote:
periolus wrote:What happens about judging if we are entering? I assume we can't.
Obviously. I presume that's what the BBC dudes did?
Well not necessarily, depending on the number of entries, judges entering robust porters could still judge brown and robust entries, couldn't they? If it was feasible to do so?
Only one entry per club and probably a maximum of 7 clubs submitting entries. As James said your beer needs to be selected by your club and if it is, there is no way you can judge. Clear?
Eat sh*t or die trying
periolus

Post by periolus »

Well, I am pretty sure I will be judging, that's all I'll say : )
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA
Taz Ales
Site Admin

Post by Taz Ales »

You won't be able to judge if your beer gets chosen to go in. Sam's beer was chosen as the BBC entry so he cannot judge on the day.

We'll figure out who's going to be judging after the BCB entry is decided. I think 6 judges will be enough, unless there's a very large number of entries.
Taz... or Chris. It's up to you.
periolus

Post by periolus »

What happens on Thursday, is it going to be run like the Winter Warmer mini-comp, or dealt with as a normal tasting session?
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I thought you were on about Thursday to start with.

Well. I don't really know. That's why I asked what bcb did.
Mike Palmer

Post by Mike Palmer »

What's the address, the Shetland Homebrewing Improvement Team might be sending one down...
Long live SHA(T)!
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

Taz Ales wrote:You won't be able to judge if your beer gets chosen to go in. Sam's beer was chosen as the BBC entry so he cannot judge on the day.

We'll figure out who's going to be judging after the BCB entry is decided. I think 6 judges will be enough, unless there's a very large number of entries.
I think 6 judges will be more than enough, and too many will muddy the waters and be difficult to manage. I suggest Taz organize the judges as he see fit, but it will make sense to use judges from those who are now fully qualified as their comments will carry more weight when brewers get feedback.
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com
periolus

Post by periolus »

I wasn't suggesting I would automatically be judging, but rather my beer wasn't likely to make top spot, which would make me available; I had offered previously. Happy to help though, only a few minutes walk away.