Small Is... Festival

Meetings, Beer Festivals, etc.
steve crawshaw

Small Is... Festival

Post by steve crawshaw »

I'm running a home brewing workshop at this festival on the weekend. There is some interesting stuff going on there (and my workshop). I have 2 hours to create the wort, so I am going for a no-sparge technique and hoping for saccharification in 40 minutes! boil for an hour, no time to chill, so back to Bristol with 20L of hot wort in the back of the car!. Have attached my workshop brief in case any of you do similar.
Hoping for good weather!

steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
vacant

Re: Small Is... Festival

Post by vacant »

Sounds great, good luck.

I started AG with BIAB and still use it occasionally. It's simple for non-brewers to understand if they've ever used a tea bag. No need for an insulated mash tun, false bottom/filter and no stuck mashes. Just need a big net curtain to pad around the inside of the boiler and some rope to secure it around the boiler rim.
When a man is tired of beer, he is tired of life; for there is in beer all that life can afford
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Bit like the Dave Line method, nothing wrong with it :) It's very popular in Australia I understand.
Mike Palmer

Post by Mike Palmer »

If you want my counterflow you could chill 20L to pitching temp in about ten minutes.
Long live SHA(T)!
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

Thanks Mike, that's kind. I have decided to try a plate chiller for the first time. We'll see if \ how it works...

cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

If anyone wants to see my workshop condensed into 8 minutes there is a time lapse video on YouTube courtesy of my mate pete.

http://youtu.be/GcELNdH1EcY

It made me laugh. I look like a demented charlie chaplin.

steve
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

steve crawshaw wrote:I I look like a demented charlie chaplin.
Nah, a hint of Tim Hunkin perhaps...