WsM Beer Fest. I'M GOING IN! Shell Suits At The Ready

Meetings, Beer Festivals, etc.
vacant

WsM Beer Fest. I'M GOING IN! Shell Suits At The Ready

Post by vacant »

I'm a frequent visitor to WsM including several Bike Nights each summer. I quite like the place even though it's so tacky* . There's a beer festival at the Pier 17/18th March. Now, they have teamed up with Butcombe's but do Butcombe's mention it on their web site? Do they hell. Bit of an embarrassment perhaps?

* I once worked out that WsM has 100 times more drug rehab places than the national average. I was a bit shocked when I went into a chemist on the Boulevard, shop was no bigger than my living room but there was a 6'5" security guard next to the pharmacist
When a man is tired of beer, he is tired of life; for there is in beer all that life can afford
Mike Palmer

Re: WsM Beer Fest. I'M GOING IN! Shell Suits At The Ready

Post by Mike Palmer »

Sweet, when you heading down? Reckon I could probably make it to the station without serious repercussions...
Long live SHA(T)!
vacant

Post by vacant »

I'm planning Saturday lunch time. I can't see a list of beers anywhere and can't be arsed to email them, but going with low expectations mean things can only get better, right?
When a man is tired of beer, he is tired of life; for there is in beer all that life can afford
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Mike, the 17th is Bristol Beer Festival, I have your ticket for the 11-4 session.
vacant

Post by vacant »

Overwhelming Twelve beers at the WsM Pier Beer Fest. I only managed four (piccy here) and you get to drink outside if you want, with the waves below you and fantastic views - way better than standing in a crowd in the Bristol Beer Festival .... I wager.

Truth be told, it was empty. So downed a Rare Breed, TTL, No7 and Classic Gold plus a sip of Colley's Dog while chatting to some locals and was done in a couple of hours.

edit: yes, I spotted the Butcombe's Gold/Classic image mix up - it's Weston, get over it