Inter-club competition

Meetings, Beer Festivals, etc.
alikocho

Re: Inter-club competition

Post by alikocho »

There's also a Hampshire Group that meets in Winchester, I believe.

So do I take it that there would be interest, and I should set wheels in motion?
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

Sounds good to me.
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I'm not that bothered.

Logistically it seems a lot of effort. Let's save our entries for next years (new)CBA nationals and, of course the Bristol competition.

Linking with other clubs on the other hand is something that does appeal and could be done through the respective group chairs in the first instance.
MapperMatt

Post by MapperMatt »

I've got nothing against the idea in principle. However I feel we haven't done much of this sort of thing within just the club yet, let alone between clubs. The Winter Warmer comp will be the first time we have all attempted to brew something vaguely similar at the same time; and this isn't even to a defined style.

An idea for 2012 could be to provide more opportunities for more prescriptive brewing challenges within the club - eg based around styles or ingredients. Of course, this could also be done as a pre-cursor to an inter club competition as well.

If we were to do this I think it should be with one other club initially - as a pilot.