London & South East Craft Brewing Competition 2pmSat 9th Nov

Meetings, Beer Festivals, etc.
manmohan_birdi

London & South East Craft Brewing Competition 2pmSat 9th Nov

Post by manmohan_birdi »

Hello,

I wanted to invite your members to our Annual Homebrew competition, held in London.

This is the London Amateur Brewers Group website:
http://londonamateurbrewers.co.uk/

There is only 6 weeks left to enter a beer as the closing date is 7am Mon 4th Nov 2013, so I was wondering if you could circulate this information to our members ASAP.

Time/Date; 2pm Saturday 9th November 2013
Venue: Kensal Club, 177 Kensal Road, London, W10 5BJ
Cost: £10.60 for entry via paypal with a free glass, £4 for each additional entry
Food (all great quality & homemade) £3: Beef and Chicken burgers/ minced lamb kebabs / Butter nut squash in a bun
Competition web-site: http://londonandsoutheast.brewcompetition.com/

Like last year we are running a category called "THE BETTER HALF", We thought it would be be a fun way of letting your better half have a go at brewing with your assistance. He/She has the opportunity to show you how it's done in this open style category where She/he can have a go at brewing (with your assistance).

We have some fantastic prizes like brew days (or cases of beer) from Kernal/Beavertown/Weird Bear/Moncado, vouchers from homebrew companies, a Fullers Vintage tour.

Hope you can help,

Manmohan
Mobile: 07966152233
email: brewmorebeer@londonamateurbrewers.mygbiz.com
Capn Ahab

Re: London & South East Craft Brewing Competition 2pmSat 9th

Post by Capn Ahab »

I'm looking to get a beer or two into this.

I went last year - it's quite a good laugh and will probably go again. Man, do you need any judges? Bristol is very well stocked for BJCP judges.
Eat sh*t or die trying
Glo-ro_Bob

Post by Glo-ro_Bob »

I was thinking about this, but four bottles plus postage plus a tenner is getting quite pricey! Especially if they're only going to judge one of the bottles!
FV #1: Roggenbier
FV #2: -empty-
Conditioning:
Drinking: Dark Saison, American Pale, Legendary Wit, Dunkelweisen, Rye Session Ale, American Brown Ale.
Capn Ahab

Post by Capn Ahab »

Glo-ro Bob wrote:I was thinking about this, but four bottles plus postage plus a tenner is getting quite pricey! Especially if they're only going to judge one of the bottles!
It's not worth entering unless you plan to go. The high price covers the venue and reflects the fact that once you're in you have carte blanche to drink as much as you can/like. I think they see it as a cross between a competition and a festival.

The overall standard of the beers was really good last year, better than the NHC, with no real dud beers IIRC.
Eat sh*t or die trying
manmohan_birdi

Post by manmohan_birdi »

You do also get a free glass!

The aim is not to make a profit, it just covers our costs, and its on a volunteer basis too, where I have invested a lot of time on this being new to LAB and its competition too.

Anyway a reminder of our great competition:

Fellow homebrewers

Its only 3 weeks before the home brew competition (2pm sat 9th Nov), and 2 weeks before the deadline (7am Mon 4th Nov) before you can enter your beer into the competition.

Please make this a fantastic competition by entering one or more of your beers, its always nice to receive feedback by judges, and who knows you just might win one of our great prizes!

Judging starts 9am, entry at 2pm so you can start tasting the entries.

We will also have Andy from Honest Brew giving us a demonstration, Jane Peyton, Beer Sommelier / Advocate /Writer presenting the prizes, you will be rubbing shoulders with Brewers like Logan Plant of Beavertown Brewery, Gregg & Bryan from Weird Beard, and several other craft brewers.

So get onto the web-site and pay £10.60 for a ticket (includes entry of one beer but not compulsory), and an additional £4.16 for each beer entered.

How to enter: http://londonandsoutheast.brewcompetition.com
Date: Saturday 9th Nov 2013 (from 2pm)
Where: Kensal Club, 177 Kensal Road, Kilburn, Kensal Town, London W10 5BJ. http://goo.gl/maps/BuoMj

You will also be able to purchase some of the best butcher made pies in London (£3), thanks to my local butcher, and there will be a veggie option of butternut squash burger!

See you there,

Manmohan Birdi (organiser)
Email: brewmorebeer@londonamateurbrewers.mygbiz.com
manmohan_birdi

Post by manmohan_birdi »

Glo-ro Bob wrote:I was thinking about this, but four bottles plus postage plus a tenner is getting quite pricey! Especially if they're only going to judge one of the bottles!
Yes we do, and if you have entered your details on the system a a judge, then Simon Ashdown will be in touch, if he hasn't already yet.

Chase me up, just in case he hasn't.

See you on the 9th Nov!
manmohan_birdi

Post by manmohan_birdi »

Bob, if you have registered and paid for your beer by (7am) 4th Nov, just make sure you get the beer to the venue by the 8am Sat 9th Nov, or at either of the breweries by 2pm Fri 8th Nov (I am picking up in a van), then all should be fine.

Does that help, and do you have friends/relatives that you can stay with or will it mean a park bench?

Man'
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

Not seen any results, but there were only 48 entries....

I couldn't make it across fro West Wales, unfortunately.
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com