Bristol beer week

Meetings, Beer Festivals, etc.
PMowdes

Bristol beer week

Post by PMowdes »

Any one interested in getting involved in this?

http://www.bristolbeerweek.co.uk/
60 percent of the time it works every time.
I_used_to_brew

Re: Bristol beer week

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Yes
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

Let's add it to BCB agenda for 4th July. I think it would be good to have some kind of public event where craft brewers can show off their beers and explain home brewing.
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

Please see the latest e-mail below from the organisers. I have confirmed with them what we agreed last night.
Dear Beery Folk

At the open forum we discussed ways in which we might raise some funds for advertising, design and printing etc. Some of you expressed a willingness to donate a few things for the cause, brewery tours, beers, tastings and so on. Please therefore read on if this is something you may still be able to help with.
We're currently setting up a campaign at http://www.indiegogo.com, mainly to sell t-shirts (depending on quotes it's likely to be "donations of £10 or more get a tee" and "any donations get their name on the 2014 T-shirts").

T-shirt prices are looking like £6 per unit and, of course, we will sell these to our associates at cost. It would be great if we could get everyone wearing these a few weeks before the event to really push the promotion around the pubs and bars. Let us know if you think you will want some.

The site has the facility to offer unique perks. So we could say "one brewery tour for £50", "beer dinner for two for £100", that kind of thing. So if you have anything you could donate to the cause (the more unique, the better) it would be incredibly appreciated. Clearly you're name would appear as a benefactor. So I think anything of particularly high value would breach our "no advertising" ethos. So let's say maximum value of £50 per unit. It would be good to get everyone on there too so it doesn't look like we're favouring anyone.

As we've stressed a number of times, this is totally discretionary and BBW will take place whether we raise any money or not. And we absolutely promise that any funds raised will be spent on BBW2013 or carried over to BBW2014 and so on.

When the week comes we'd also like to get a bit of Twitter buzz going. We're thinking for each event we'll tweet at the start of the event saying "5 randomly selected people RTing during the first hour will get a free drink". We'll obviously check this is cool with each establishment closer to the time but let us know if you have any objections in principle.

Salute

Lee and Steve
TW: @bristolbeerweek
FB: facebook.com/bristolbeerweek
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

There are a few additional events on the first thursday, specifically the tap take overs at the Naval Volunteer & Bag o Nails, and the event at the Hare on the hill which I for one wouldn't mind attending.

This leaves me a little torn. Obviously i want to support the BCB and the October meeting, but i'd also like to stick my head in at the Hare on the way home.

Is there any chance we can finish the meeting early, say 10.15 / 10.30??? to give us a chance to get a few pints in elsewhere before last orders???????
60 percent of the time it works every time.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

NBB tap takeover at the bag is now Saturday :)
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

PMowdes wrote:There are a few additional events on the first thursday, specifically the tap take overs at the Naval Volunteer & Bag o Nails, and the event at the Hare on the hill which I for one wouldn't mind attending.

This leaves me a little torn. Obviously i want to support the BCB and the October meeting, but i'd also like to stick my head in at the Hare on the way home.

Is there any chance we can finish the meeting early, say 10.15 / 10.30??? to give us a chance to get a few pints in elsewhere before last orders???????
The more orderly the meeting, the earlier it can end :-)
Steve