Bristol Brewers Summer BBQ

Meetings, Beer Festivals, etc.
steve crawshaw

Bristol Brewers Summer BBQ

Post by steve crawshaw »

Hi

The BBQ returns after a year laying fallow. There will be the finest ales known to humanity and cake. Well, burgers, and ribs and stuff like that. I am proposing that entry will be free to paid up members of BCB and a small charge will be made to non members to cover the costs of food. I will discuss the amount with the treasurer and we can discuss any other arrangements at the May BCB.

But for now I need you to tell me your preferred dates. I will go with the date on which the majority of you are available which I'm sure will be a gloriously sunny day. I imagine it will start at about 2PM and go on until the ale or enthusiasm runs out.

So please fill out the doodle poll http://www.doodle.com/8r2ek7m8iqimcwuq as soon as you are able (now?).

I would welcome some assistance on the day, please let me know if you can help e.g. collect meat, cook etc.

cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
I_used_to_brew

Re: Bristol Brewers Summer BBQ

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I've doodled. Depending on the date I can help with meat, I can bring a randall and I will try and keep a corny of a lighter hoppy beer.
mrlard

Post by mrlard »

right - I am going to throw in a 30 plate chiller into the raffle :-)
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

mrlard wrote:right - I am going to throw in a 30 plate chiller into the raffle :-)
Good man!
This is starting to sound like a Summer Fete!
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Antone else going to doodle?
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

Doodled. Early August is definitely better for me as there is less chance I will have to work. I'm already booked up for most of June and July is filling up fast.
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

The date has been set as August the 10th - put it in your diaries. It will be from 2 until the beer runs out(!). It would really help if you would confirm to me if you are coming and how many in your party. Fine to bring kids, partners etc. So please PM or e-mail me with this info. Steve W has kindly offered to help on the day and Roger will help to source the pig. I would appreciate if people could take turns cooking as I did it all last time! I'm looking forward to it.
steve
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

I'll tentatively say that i will be along with the misses and our little nipper.
60 percent of the time it works every time.
nuBroo

Post by nuBroo »

Carol and myself will be there