Hop filter

I_used_to_brew

Hop filter

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I thought this might be interesting to anyone still having problems using T90 hop pellets.

After using various hop filters, including, most recently a Mr Lard Mk 1, I decided to put together one of my own incorporating some thoughts I had.

It's a simple manifold made from 15mm Copper piper with 5mm holes drilled 3cm apart, orientated to face inwards away from the mesh. It's covered in 40 SS mesh, simply folded over at the edges.

After two brews this week, I can safely say it's a success. First brew was part leaf and second brew all T90. No clogging at all, very fast run off. I used 1Kg of T90 in the second brew (65 litres). No need to recirculate and the wort was particulate free. Nice clean Krausen on the ferment with no sign of break material or hop debris.

Image Image
rodneygullick

Re: Hop filter

Post by rodneygullick »

noticed that you used yorkshire fittings on the pipeing surly wont the lead in them efect the beer unless they are filled with leadless solder
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

rodneygullick wrote:noticed that you used yorkshire fittings on the pipeing surly wont the lead in them efect the beer unless they are filled with leadless solder

Made in accordance with EN1254-1: 1998. Lead free fittings. WRAS approved.
Jose_Garasto

Post by Jose_Garasto »

Good job!