Cheap CO2

Jeltz69

Re: Cheap CO2

Post by Jeltz69 »

PMowdes wrote:I've always used whites but i don't think i payed £24 deposit. A larger cyllinder will last ages, i think i get through about one a year.
Unless you have a dog which bites through the beer line..... as mine did once. Fortunately there were only a couple of pints left in the keg but by the time I got home all the CO2 had hissed out of the hole once the beer ran out.
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

Trick is to not leave it switched on ;)
60 percent of the time it works every time.
Jose_Garasto

Post by Jose_Garasto »

Hi, In Gardiner Haskins (Straight Street Bristol - BS2 0JP) you can find the S30 cylinder with 240g of CO2 for "only" £21.99.

Here is a picture.

Cheers,
Jose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

smee204 wrote:I need a small bottle as I don't have the room for a larger one. Unfortunately the smaller bottles are very hard to find.
Try fire extinguisher companies, well over 10 years ago I needed CO2 for aquatics use so I had my local fire extinguisher supplier put catering valves on small CO2 extinguishers.

When I went for kegs I phoned the same people (in Midsomer Norton) but the cost of getting them pressure tested and filled was high and since they are >10 years old there's every chance that they might fail the pressure test which I would have paid for. Bablake was way cheaper so I went for them.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Fairly important safety warning;

Do not use a CO2 fire extinguisher to supply CO2.

As touched on by Nick, it needs a different valve. The real problem lies in the fact the threads are exactly the same on both types. You can fit a standard regulator on a CO2 fire extinguisher bottle/valve. The key difference is that the fire extinguisher valve has a long syphon whose sole purpose is to empty the cylinder of liquid CO2 as fast as possible.

Liquid CO2 and regulators are not best friends.
darrenw

Post by darrenw »

smee204 wrote:I have been hunting round Bristol trying to find a small co2 bottle and I have finally found somewhere. "Runrite Ltd"
Has anyone used this company before or know a cheaper place to get a 3.15kg bottle?

Runrite Ltd
3.15kg - deposit £55, fill £15
2L - deposit £25, fill £12

Larger bottles work out cheaper:

Bablake wines
14lb, £6 deposit, £20.32 to fill

Whites
14lb, £24 deposit, £22.79 to fill
Just sorting out some co2 today, spoke to Bablake wines, (they are now in Avonmouth) and they quoted £20.32 inclusive of deposit, though assuming that's exclusive of VAT, will pop out that way later in the week.
Darren
----
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Remember to transport CO2 cylinders upright. A cylinder leaking in an enclosed vehicle has the potential to kill.

Some useful safety guidance - http://www.linde-gas.com/internet.globa ... _13904.pdf

Always chain the cylinder to the wall so that it cannot fall over when you get it home.
darrenw

Post by darrenw »

RogerP wrote:Remember to transport CO2 cylinders upright. A cylinder leaking in an enclosed vehicle has the potential to kill.

Some useful safety guidance - http://www.linde-gas.com/internet.globa ... _13904.pdf

Always chain the cylinder to the wall so that it cannot fall over when you get it home.
Will take some straps, will hook up some system to strap it to wall :-)
Darren
----
Jose_Garasto

Cheap CO2

Post by Jose_Garasto »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016111 ... 84feac.jpg[/img]

Just bought this 1.5 kg Co2 tank from Andy's Gas BS10 7TU (they took over Runrite Ltd)

25£ deposit + 14£ refill

You can find more info on Adamsgas.co.uk

Cheers,
Jose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMG_0687.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jose_Garasto on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
darrenw

Post by darrenw »

Jose_Garasto wrote:
Just bought this 1.5 kg Co2 tank from Andy's Gas BS10 7TU (they took over Runrite Ltd)

25£ deposit + 14£ refill

You can find more info on Adamsgas.co.uk

Cheers,
Jose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May be looking for a new 14lb/6.35kg one soon, was there a delivery charge?
Darren
----