Crusader kegs

Jeltz69

Crusader kegs

Post by Jeltz69 »

I know Tim uses them, anyone else got an opinion? I have acquires a couple of sankey connectors and it seems a shame not to put them to use. Also is anyone intending on placing an order as I understand they charge a flat £20 delivery fee irrespective of quantity.

FWIW I don't yet own any kind of kegs, just polypins, bottles and pressure barrels.
PMowdes

Re: Crusader kegs

Post by PMowdes »

Bit of a pain to clean, and you need a modified spear I think. There was another thread on here about it somewhere where Ali explains about it.
60 percent of the time it works every time.
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

Nick

There's some more info on crusader kegs this thread

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1072&hilit=crusader
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

Thanks Phil

Part of me wants to get a few of the 30L ones but equally I manager pretty well with polypins and a beer engine without the hassle of CO2 bottles, regulators and so on.
nicknoxx

Post by nicknoxx »

I'd be interested in a couple of 50l kegs if anyone is planning a group buy. . . . .
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

nicknoxx wrote:I'd be interested in a couple of 50l kegs if anyone is planning a group buy. . . . .
Nick,

Crusader offer fixed cost for delivery so unless you want save a little on shipping there's not a great deal of saving to be had as a group buy
TomAdam

Post by TomAdam »

I saw a great post on building a semi-auto keg washer a few months ago on a forum. It used a modified sankey connector, a pump and a couple of tanks for cleaner and sanitiser. If enough people switched to kegs perhaps it would be worthwhile building one as a group?

I went to see Tim's setup a little while ago and it looks like he just removes the locking ring from the spear. I didn't think to ask if he fills them using a modified sankey connector (they have a check valve) or if he pulls the spear and siphons into it. It's probably worth having a chat with him as it looks like he has been working with them for quite some time.
timstaley

Post by timstaley »

Clean by taking the spear out and soaking in your preferred cleaner
Swill out with the hose pipe
Sanitise with starsan
Fill by gravity through silicone hose through spear hole
refit spear
Simples
JUST REMEMBER TO DEGASS FIRST