Burst Fire Regulator

steve crawshaw

Burst Fire Regulator

Post by steve crawshaw »

I built an enclosure for a burst fire regulator to control the boil on my new Burco boiler. Its 3Kw and I don't want to boil too much water off. The United Automation ZVS-16DV will limit the power to the element without causing radio interference. I bought the regulator from RS (£37) and box and power connectors from Maplin. After some jiggery pokery with jigsaws and files, the unit was ready. I used heatsink compound to couple the regulator to the metal box, as the current draw on a 3Kw load is about 12 Amps. I will report back on its use after my next brew, but I tested it last night and it worked well. The metal enclosure is used as a heat sink and it does get warm to the touch while in operation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
SandyM

Re: Burst Fire Regulator

Post by SandyM »

I love that it goes up to 11, bit of Spinal Tap influence there?
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

Definitely. It's got dobly too...
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Amazing stuff, if the quality of beer produced is improved then we are in for a real treat too :)