Don't Panic

steve crawshaw

Don't Panic

Post by steve crawshaw »

I made a version of the recipe found in this months edition of Beer on the weekend. It's here if you're interested.

http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/ ... dont-panic

basically a weak pale ale with lots of body and hops. Mash high (70) and lots of late hops. Been in the fermenter for 5 days. I'm going to dry hop. Usually I do this in the corny with leaf hops in a bag and stainless weights. Now I have some columbus pellets and am considering just bunging 50g into the primary (loose) for the last few days of primary. Is this OK, and when should I do it? I'm thinking about 5 days from transfer to keg? Will it clear without cold crashing?

cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
I_used_to_brew

Re: Don't Panic

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Steve, I've just dry hopped with Columbus pellets in 60 litres of pale ale. Smells very good so far, more pungent than the 60 litres treated to Citra pellets.

Yes, it will 'clear', either get the beer off the yeast before dry hopping or add after about 10 days and as the yeast drops out so will the hop bits. The latter is simplest and seems to work for me.