Red Shift

I_used_to_brew

Re: Red Shift

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Fridge has been hijacked already and I wanted to chill the crap out of this beer to drop the yeast!! Oh well, it will have to wait 'till next week.

Definitely have two cornies to offload, possibly disco's too.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

MapperMatt wrote:one thing that I would recommend asking is whether the probe can be detached from the main unit.... its rather awkward to sterilise otherwise!
I guess that's the benefit of a fridge or cabinet in that I would measure the air temp and not the wort temp. I don't like the idea of cables and probes in wort becasue of sanitation issues.
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

Trunky wrote:Definitely have two cornies to offload, possibly disco's too.
Mike Palmer wrote:Cornies please.
Shall we fight it out Mike? ;) Seriously though, I do need a couple more cornies fairly shortly, maybe we could split another order off Norm as well?
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

Trunky wrote:
MapperMatt wrote:one thing that I would recommend asking is whether the probe can be detached from the main unit.... its rather awkward to sterilise otherwise!
I guess that's the benefit of a fridge or cabinet in that I would measure the air temp and not the wort temp. I don't like the idea of cables and probes in wort becasue of sanitation issues.
There are too ways round this if you want to measure wort temp. One is to duct tape the probe to the outside of the vessel. The other is to use a themowell like this one - http://morebeer.com/view_product/16672/ ... Thermowell
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

If I had a stainless steel fermenter I might use a thermowell, probably a bit poxy in a plastic bucket!
Mike Palmer

Post by Mike Palmer »

[quote="SandyM Shall we fight it out Mike? ;) Seriously though, I do need a couple more cornies fairly shortly, maybe we could split another order off Norm as well?[/quote]

Aye to both. Queensbury rules? Or one of each.
Long live SHA(T)!
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

one of each sounds fair.
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

First taste of this is very promising, done some bottles to take along to a BCB meeting.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

First proper draught pint of this tonight and its definitely RED, hop aroma still pleasant. Rich lasting bitterness, perhaps more now than when the beer was younger. I'm going to enjoy drinking this and I'll get to the second keg in about 5 months and see what the difference is.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Not far off with the timing, hit the second keg tonight, lovely beer.