Upcoming Arbor collaboration

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
I_used_to_brew

Re: Upcoming Arbor collaboration

Post by I_used_to_brew »

periolus wrote:By the way, what's it called?

It's a double black IPA, whatever one of those is. This is a curry beer, it's made me want a curry, I might have another before I go out tonight and get me a nice hot curry :~)
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

It is now in Corks of Cotham.
SamTait

Upcoming Arbor collaboration

Post by SamTait »

Will have to take a looksie ...
periolus

Post by periolus »

Brilliant! Off across town later this morning, so will pop through Cotham on the way back.
BlueGiantSteve

Post by BlueGiantSteve »

I've had this on cask three times now (7 stars and Hillgrove) and have a bottle to drink (which I may lay down for a bit). It's a terrific beer. Really pushing the boundaries. The finish is so long!

Has anyone had the next Freestyle Friday, Elephant In The Room, an American Wheat Half IPA (3%). It's on the cliff edge of undrinkable for me.
Spouting nonsense at http://www.bluegiantbeer.co.uk
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

BlueGiantSteve wrote:I've had this on cask three times now (7 stars and Hillgrove) and have a bottle to drink (which I may lay down for a bit). It's a terrific beer. Really pushing the boundaries. The finish is so long!

Has anyone had the next Freestyle Friday, Elephant In The Room, an American Wheat Half IPA (3%). It's on the cliff edge of undrinkable for me.
yes, see my view of it in the tastings forum - for me it was over the cliff and halfway to france...
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

I had to get a bottle today to try.

I have some more detailed notes, but to be honest I don't see this as a Black IPA. Yes it's hoppy, but its far too roasty and astringent and is much more reminiscent of an American Stout.

It's an interesting, and challenging beer. I'm not sure I'd have two.

Still, it does show what 2012 IBU tastes like.
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com
periolus

Post by periolus »

I just purchased the last 6 bottles of this from Corks and am drinking my first as we speak. When I first started drinking it, it wasn't as bitter as I thought it would be........and then after a few sips it started creeping further and further towards the horizon of beer that never actually finishes. It coats the tongue and stays there forever!

Roger, I know what you mean about it making you want a curry - I just had two lots of thickly spread brinjal pickle on crumpets. Lush!

Well, on with it - loving the roastiness. It definitely strikes an American Stout chord with me.