Upcoming Arbor collaboration

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
SteveW

Re: Upcoming Arbor collaboration

Post by SteveW »

Seems like great drinkers think alike, Roger was in conversation with Jon of Arbor just yesterday evening, looks like Jon will be brewing one!

I must admit the more I hear about the Olympics the more I am looking forward to 12th August!

The latest story (heard on Radio Four, just this morning, so it must be true) is that the MOD want to place some surface to air missiles on a block of flats in tower hamlets and the residents are not happy!
The craft beer revolution will not be sanitised!
(Apologies to Gil Scott-Heron)
periolus

Post by periolus »

They're more effective than security lights and CCTV - burglaries should drop significantly.
FV1: EMPTY
FV2: EMPTY
Conditioning: NOWT
Drinking:Countdown Conundrum - Best Bitter; Haka! The Herald - Pacific IPA
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA
vacant

Post by vacant »

SteveW wrote:the MOD want to place some surface to air missiles on a block of flats in tower hamlets and the residents are not happy!
I'd be OK with that, missiles would be firing away from me so minimal chance of any flaming body parts and 747 fragments landing on my place.
When a man is tired of beer, he is tired of life; for there is in beer all that life can afford
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

periolus wrote: We need a 2012 IBU brew to celebrate the Olympics now. Any takers?

Great minds really do think alike, SteveW and I were also musing over something similar on Saturday, I mentioned it to Jon in a jokey sort of way and now we're brewing it next Friday.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

When I drink my pint(?) of 2012 ibu brew, I will be celebrating the one Olympic event I can get enthusiastic about, the end of the closing ceremony!
The craft beer revolution will not be sanitised!
(Apologies to Gil Scott-Heron)
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I'm going to enjoy the track and road cycling but I'm unfussed about the rest. What narks me is having the damn torch thing go down the road that I travel home from work down, exactly when i would be travelling home from work. Stuff that, I'm having the afternoon off and I'll be in the Stillage watching it go past!
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

It's alive. It's a very tasty beer, very long lingering hop finish, seriously very long, trust me.

periolus

Post by periolus »

Fantastic! How does one obtain a pint?
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

periolus wrote:Fantastic! How does one obtain a pint?
Pint? There are some casks, not many though. Mostly it's in 330ml bottles. It'll crop up in the usual places (like Corks of Cotham) or arrange with the brewery http://arborales.co.uk/ to drop in and buy some.

I've bought a case of 20 :-0
periolus

Post by periolus »

Yeah, I'll pop into Corks at some point and have a look - I might ask them to put a few aside.

Well brewed that man, can't wait to try it!

By the way, what's it called?