Introduce yourself...

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
Capn Ahab

Re: Introduce yourself...

Post by Capn Ahab »

alikocho wrote:Welcome Steve!

You'd be welcome at a meeting whether you're brewing yet or just planning.
+1 to that. Bristol Brewing Circle meets every third Thursday at the Miners Arms in St Werburghs. We're very informal - basically it's just drinking and chatting about beer. You'll be bound to pick up lots of tips etc, so definitely worth it even if you're only at the planning stage.
Eat sh*t or die trying
BlueGiantSteve

Post by BlueGiantSteve »

Thank you both.

I work about 200m from the Cornubia so that would very convenient for me. Can't make this month's but will try and come along next month. All sounds very interesting.
Spouting nonsense at http://www.bluegiantbeer.co.uk
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

BlueGiantSteve wrote:Thank you both.

I work about 200m from the Cornubia so that would very convenient for me. Can't make this month's but will try and come along next month. All sounds very interesting.
Hi Steve, you can learn a lot from going along to meetings and get a range of opinions. You're most welcome to join us.
BlueGiantSteve

Post by BlueGiantSteve »

Thanks Roger, I definitely will come along at some point.
Spouting nonsense at http://www.bluegiantbeer.co.uk
juliancheal

Post by juliancheal »

Hi all,

I'm Julian, I'm yet to actually brew a single pint of beer, but have just started collecting all the items necessary, but am looking forward to my first brew day, and getting to know you all.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

welcome, hope to meet you soon
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
juliancheal

Post by juliancheal »

Thanks Steve.

I see that Bristol Brewing Circle meet the 3rd Thursday of the month, which looks like is the 20th this month. I hope to come along if that's ok?
Capn Ahab

Post by Capn Ahab »

juliancheal wrote:Thanks Steve.

I see that Bristol Brewing Circle meet the 3rd Thursday of the month, which looks like is the 20th this month. I hope to come along if that's ok?
Of course! All welcome. Look forward to seeing you there.

You may also be interested in the national homebrew competition which is happening this weekend in st Werburghs. I'm pretty sure Ali, the organiser, still needs people to help out, so contact him via the website if you're at all keen.
Eat sh*t or die trying
fatboyslimfast

Post by fatboyslimfast »

Hi All,

Fatboyslimfast here (better known as Ian...). I've only been brewing for about three months, starting on Coopers kits and have now done an extract brew which turned out very nicely. I've also done some fruit juice wines and a turbo cider, all of which have come out well.

I'm up the north end of Bristol, just under where the M4 crosses the M5 in Bradley Stoke.

I'm just about to go BIAB AG, but I plan on brewing on a short scale as I'm not a massive drinker, so intend to do 10-11L batches, using a 19L stockpot and a bag for mashing.

I've been recording my brewing attempts in a blog-thing... http://sadleybroke.wordpress.com. Mainly as a way to remember what I've done more than anything...

All the best, Ian.
Brewer, Biker, Snapper, Chatter
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Welcome Ian. Coopers make some nice kits, certainly much better than anything produced in the UK. BIAB seems to be quite popular and ISTR it was mentioned on this forum or at a BCB meeting in the recent past - so someone else locally is doing it too.