Introduce yourself...

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
I_used_to_brew

Re: Introduce yourself...

Post by I_used_to_brew »

bryceee wrote:Hi everyone, Chris here. I've been brewing for a few years but on an occasional basis - just bottled my first batch in 11 months. Partially because I was down to the last bottle of the last batch!

I have made a handful of batches, some of them with a mate which have all been 20 litres and made with Wyeast, and the ones I've made on my own have been 9 or 10 litres (due to space and smaller equipment) and made with dried yeas. All apart from one batch have turned out well. The one that went wrong was a honey beer that hadn't completed fermenting, so when the bottle was opened there was a bit of a geyser of beer.
Hi there, do you live locally? Have you been to any of the meetings so we can put a face to the name?

Bigger batches are logistically much easier, same time, more beer and you need to brew less often. The downside is more beer of one type, but the number of times I've heard people say that they wish they had some more of a particular batch.......
bryceee

Post by bryceee »

Trunky wrote:
bryceee wrote:Hi everyone, Chris here. I've been brewing for a few years but on an occasional basis - just bottled my first batch in 11 months. Partially because I was down to the last bottle of the last batch!

I have made a handful of batches, some of them with a mate which have all been 20 litres and made with Wyeast, and the ones I've made on my own have been 9 or 10 litres (due to space and smaller equipment) and made with dried yeas. All apart from one batch have turned out well. The one that went wrong was a honey beer that hadn't completed fermenting, so when the bottle was opened there was a bit of a geyser of beer.
Hi there, do you live locally? Have you been to any of the meetings so we can put a face to the name?

Bigger batches are logistically much easier, same time, more beer and you need to brew less often. The downside is more beer of one type, but the number of times I've heard people say that they wish they had some more of a particular batch.......

I live in Emersons Green, so yeah quite local. I only came across the site last week and rehearse with the band on Thursdays so won't be a regular attender but do plan on popping along at some point.

I suspect the purchase of a larger fermenter will be made at some point for exactly the reason you stated. :)
deadlydes

Post by deadlydes »

Hiya Guys

Just joined, I met a few of you at the competition, hoping to make it to enough of the BJCP sessions so I can sit the exam.

Hopefully see some of you there.

Cheers
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Be good to put a face to the pseudonym. Don't think I met you at the comp, it was a bit hectic!
MWiper

Post by MWiper »

Hi everyone,

My name is Michael and I am a beer maker!

Have been brewing since a friend gave me a beer kit as a wedding present and we made two barrels of homebrew for the big day. We made a brew that we thought was just about safe enough not to poison the guests and knew that everyone would be nice about it as it was my big day. Two days before the whole 50 litres were knocked over in a storm, losing all the beer and ruining the carpet in the Marquee! The whole place smelt of carpety beer! hahah!

So i have been determined to redress the balance ever since and taking my revenge ever more seriously. On to all grain brewing now and justifying spending much more money than I can afford on beers in the name of research. I have made mistakes in just about every brew I have done but am learning fast and getting towards beers I am proud of. Getting towards...

Looking forward to picking up tips form this forum and hopefully sharing a beer with you all. I think it's a really lovely thing that dedicated home brewers are making beers that are far more interesting and higher quality than most commercial breweries are. I can't think of many crafts or industries where the ammeters are giving the pros a run for their money!

Cheers

Michael
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

welcome mike, hope to see you at one of our meetings.
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
Taz Ales
Site Admin

Post by Taz Ales »

We've had a number of new members join over the last couple of months. Please feel free to introduce yourselves if you haven't already.
Taz... or Chris. It's up to you.
Mike Palmer

Post by Mike Palmer »

bryceee wrote:I suspect the purchase of a larger fermenter
Roger prefers to spell it l*rger...
Long live SHA(T)!
BlueGiantSteve

Post by BlueGiantSteve »

Afternoon all!

I am Steve and I write the bloggy thing at http://www.bluegiantbeer.co.uk. I know some of you via Twitter where I spend most of my time wittering on about drinking beer, I am quite boring l like that. I live in Kingsdown about 500m from the Hillgrove.

I have done no actual home brewing yet due to limited flat space so I really have no business here (although I did help brew a batch of Independence at BBF). I hope to buy a house soon with room for kit. Once I get going I would certainly like to come to some meetings if I am allowed.

I am interested in beer history and basically trying as much different beer as possible.
Spouting nonsense at http://www.bluegiantbeer.co.uk
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

BlueGiantSteve wrote:Afternoon all!

I am Steve and I write the bloggy thing at http://www.bluegiantbeer.co.uk. I know some of you via Twitter where I spend most of my time wittering on about drinking beer, I am quite boring l like that. I live in Kingsdown about 500m from the Hillgrove.

I have done no actual home brewing yet due to limited flat space so I really have no business here (although I did help brew a batch of Independence at BBF). I hope to buy a house soon with room for kit. Once I get going I would certainly like to come to some meetings if I am allowed.

I am interested in beer history and basically trying as much different beer as possible.
Welcome Steve!

You'd be welcome at a meeting whether you're brewing yet or just planning.