Introduce yourself...

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
gobbledigook

Re: Introduce yourself...

Post by gobbledigook »

Hi,

My name is Dan i came to the meeting on 16th... and had such a great time i think i'll become a regular :)

I have been making wines (for simplicity) for the last 3 years, my beers have been cottage type beers such as nettle, dandelion and ginger, and ginger. Wines include juice wine, blackberry, plum, mead and currently i have an elderflower bubbling away... but definately want to make the move to beer!

interesting brewing experience?

using dried elderflower and missing the part where it said "brew in a bucket for the first 3-4 days" i had a gallon on top of the boiler in winter, the fermentation pushed the top off and flooded the boiler with elderflower cordial. luckily the landlord had insurance.... but i still spent two days cleaning the boiler so it didn't smell of elderflower!!!

moral of that story... RTFM :)
Bimster

Post by Bimster »

Hi, I'm James and I've been brewing for about 8 months or so. Decided to give the brewing a go myself after sampling some fine Taz Ales beers.

Started with the ususal suspect of a Woodeforde's Wherry kit and have progressed to an extract brew. Have been collecting all grain equipment (thanks Roger and Taz!) and am planning my first all grain brew this weekend. Must be a coincidence that the wife is away!!! Looking at something based on Hop Back Summer Lightning, but better (I hope).

Most memorable brewing moment in my short experience so far has to be my first boil over. Completly forgot I left the lid on (could have sworn it wasn't - must check for a brewing demons!) and came back into the kitchen to find nice hoppy wort over the worktop, on the floor and dripping into the pan cupboard. Learnt an important rule: Don't leave the bloody lid on as washing every we own pan takes a long time!

See you all on Thursday at BCB.
James

BJCP Certified Judge
willoman

Post by willoman »

Hi all,

My name's Will, currently in Birmingham but moving to Bedminster in a month or two so I thought I'd come on here and see what the crack is.

Currently only brewing mead but looking to start brewing all sorts of stuff, came here to get recipes, ideas and hopefully some good providers.

Looking forward to chatting to you all.

Cheers!

Will
Fire Alarms Birmingham - Fire Alarm Installation, Repair & Maintenance, Fire Safety Training & Fire Risk Assessment
http://www.firealarmsbirmingham.com/
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Welcome, you'll gain lots of info from attending our meetings on the first Thursday of each month, try and get along.
periolus

Post by periolus »

Hello! My name is Barnaby, I am 33, and I have been brewing kits and making Turbo Cider for about 15 months now, but am growing frustrated with the lack of flexibility with kit beers. I have JUST started building (and it will be slow!) my first AG brewery and I intend to be brewing all-grain from January - budget permitting!

I am looking forward to making this hobby more 'social' and look forward to crossing bottles in the near future.
FV1: EMPTY
FV2: EMPTY
Conditioning: NOWT
Drinking:Countdown Conundrum - Best Bitter; Haka! The Herald - Pacific IPA
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

periolus wrote:I am looking forward to making this hobby more 'social' and look forward to crossing bottles in the near future.
It's nice to bring some beer to share but not essential, some people manage to avoid it. Beer or not the next meeting is on the 1st of September so try and get along. Ask behind the bar to be directed to the function room upstairs or they might point us out if we're still having a beer in the bar.
Mike Palmer

Post by Mike Palmer »

periolus wrote:Hello! My name is Barnaby, I am 33, and I have been brewing kits and making Turbo Cider for about 15 months now, but am growing frustrated with the lack of flexibility with kit beers.
I've been partial mashing (with extract too) for a wee while if you want a pointer or two.
Long live SHA(T)!
periolus

Post by periolus »

Trunky wrote:
periolus wrote:I am looking forward to making this hobby more 'social' and look forward to crossing bottles in the near future.
It's nice to bring some beer to share but not essential, some people manage to avoid it. Beer or not the next meeting is on the 1st of September so try and get along. Ask behind the bar to be directed to the function room upstairs or they might point us out if we're still having a beer in the bar.

I have already arranged to do something this Thursday, and it has been arranged for ages so would have trouble cancelling. There is a chance, however, that it might not happen - if that's the case I will be there with bells on.

Is the meeting always at the same venue, or is it rotated around Bristol?
FV1: EMPTY
FV2: EMPTY
Conditioning: NOWT
Drinking:Countdown Conundrum - Best Bitter; Haka! The Herald - Pacific IPA
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

There are 2, Bristol Craft Brewers is held at The Cornubia first Thursday of every month and Bristol Brewers Circle is held at The Miners Arms in St Werbergs third Thursday of every month. Both start at 8 (well get there for 7.30 so you can get a pint in first and have a chat) and both are always in the same places at the same times.
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.
Mike Palmer

Post by Mike Palmer »

Splitters!
Long live SHA(T)!