Introduce yourself...

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
steve crawshaw

Re: Introduce yourself...

Post by steve crawshaw »

Cin Cin!
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
simonmwhite

Post by simonmwhite »

Hi all,

My name is Simon, I am a Bristolian and enjoy being resourceful and making things.

I've been home brewing for a few years, I started out by making beer from kits after inheriting my dad's rig. As a right of passage I made several mistakes along the way but soon started to get great results, it was at that point I decided to venture into the all-grain world. After a bit of saving and talking to the wife nicely I now have a shiny rig (mash tun, boiler and hop filter) and 100% dominance over our lean-to! At the beginning of 2015 I made my first all grain brew; it was a American Pale Ale with Maris Otter and Crystal Malt, I used Citra and Amarillo hops, US05 yeast and it came in around 5.25% ABV. I've been using a "no chill" method mainly because I've got limited funds and I normally have to wait until Xmas / birthdays to get kit, plus we're on a water meter and I have a young family, so time and money is precious.

I came to the February 2015 brewing group and bravely shared my APA, it was well received and I got some great feedback. Thanks again.

I'm particularly enjoying fine tuning my processes and getting to know my kit, I never thought I'd get so much of a kick out of listening to other like minded individuals geek out about making beer and talking about brewing equipment!

Here's to brewing and sharing knowldege.

Simon.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Hi Simon, glad you enjoyed coming to a meeting, hope to see you at future ones :)
Humphb

Post by Humphb »

Hi all. my name is Brian and live in Lympsham. I am retired but in a former life was cidermaker ar Merrydown Wine in Sussex, now sadly no more. So having made lots of cider on moving down to Somerset and now having some time on my hands I thought I would have a go at beer. Just got into extract brewing and yes I did leave the lid on a boil and yes it did make a mess.
Anyway look forward to catching up with you all.

Brian
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

Hi Brian, good to hear from you. I remember Merrydown from youth. It fuelled much of my student life and I have the scars to prove it! Hope to meet you at one of the meetings.
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
rodneygullick

Post by rodneygullick »

hi my name is Rodney Gullick I live at Radstock , best thing I ever done joining bcb, before I joined my beer was crap (its a lot better now) I don't throw any away anymore, thanks to bcb
Mugsey53

Post by Mugsey53 »

Hello from sunny Cyprus , yes I know it's nowhere near bristle but spent most of my days of sproghood in st Michaels hill , then Brizz then keynsham before travelling a bit , a few divorces leaving me penniless and swmbo minting it , hey ho that's life .
Been living in the sun for 9 years now , discovered Russian women and married to one now , only thing missing a decent pint . Brewing tom caxtons when I was a kid and managed to get my dad totally rsoled on two bottles was my first brewing experience way back when, later when Maurice chant in fishponds introduced me to all grain ,my first burco boiler bitter was produced, and eagerly quaffed by friends one and all .
Big gaps in life sees me owning my own freehold pub in Somerset another divorce and here I am getting near pension age and enjoying my life here , anyway back to brewing a decent pint , I started by malting my own barley as there were no suppliers here and managed a few good brews, the hops were sent to me from bristle , then a couple of years ago a winery supplier imported from Belgium a speidle brewmaster 50l jobby and the grains , it stood in in place for a year and I managed to steal it from him, well I got it at cost plus vat , managed to
Find a cheap importer and rob at the malt miller supplies me at the moment.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it !
[quote][enjoy your beer senselessly /quote]
danharley

Post by danharley »

Hi all,

Not sure if we're still introducing ourselves on this thread but here goes:

I'm Dan, a home brew enthusiast, into my wine making and owner of a site which serves as a guide on how to make wine.

Loving Bristol Brewers, and hoping to get to know you all soon!

:D
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

danharley wrote:Hi all,

Not sure if we're still introducing ourselves on this thread but here goes:

I'm Dan, a home brew enthusiast, into my wine making and owner of a site which serves as a guide on how to make wine.

Loving Bristol Brewers, and hoping to get to know you all soon!

:D
Hello Dan

Welcome to the forum, We meet twice a month, Bristol craft brewers on the first monday of each month at the Volunteer (king st), and Bristol brewing circle on the third Thursday of each month at the miners arms (st werburghs).

Cheers

Phil
60 percent of the time it works every time.
PeteThomas

Post by PeteThomas »

Thought I would say a quick hello

I am new to beer brewing. I only started in earnest last year but have really got the bug. I treated myself to a Grainfather (is that cheating?) and have surprised a few of my sceptical friends with my brews to date. Nevertheless, I am very keen to improve my knowledge and therefore, hopefully, my beers.

I hope to get down to the next meeting at the Naval Volunteer and to find out whether anyone has a recipe for a Moor Beer Revival Clone!

Cheers

Pete