Roger Wilkins Cider

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
I_used_to_brew

Roger Wilkins Cider

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Eventually got around to visiting today http://wilkinscider.com/ fabulous place for cider heads, well worth a visit. I shall return again quite soon. Roger is such a nice bloke too, really good company. Amazing that he had time to scuttle around getting drinks, selling cider and produce and pressing cider all at the same time.
steve crawshaw

Re: Roger Wilkins Cider

Post by steve crawshaw »

Yep, its a cool place. I went there years ago with the Hare on the Hill's old landlord, John, driving a minibus. For some strange reason there seemed to be a back room full of old shoes with a couple of red - nosed locals already pissed at about 11 AM. The cider had eaten channels in the concrete. We passed a very pleasant couple of hours there drinking cider and eating stilton rolls listening to the wurzels blasting from some lads car. And Joe Strummer used to drink there...(!) The orchard on spike island often has wilkins cider on tap, and very nice it is too..
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

rodneygullick wrote:Hi Roger you must have arrived at Roger Wilkins cider just after the wife and left we left at 11.12 am (what a place to find) there quite a few people there when we arrived and a lot more when we left first time we ever saw cider being pressed it was quite interesting we bought 2x5 liters medium for my son in Scotland and I had a 2gallon barrel filed Rodney
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I liked his cider that had been finished in a rum cask, great aroma and I don't like rum, but it worked here. Carol liked his arf 'n' arf and his 'special' which really was special and rather suprising.

I don't need cider but I allways end up buying some when I visit cider makers, it allows me to try a wider range of 'proper' ciders and then decide what I like. Then I have to figure out how to make it the way I like it :)

9 litres is in a 1/2 size CK being carbonated and the other litre was supped last night. Fabulous cheese too!