Bristol Craft Brewers

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
I_used_to_brew

Bristol Craft Brewers

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Hi to all from BCB, if you're registered, please reply to this topic to let us know.

Roger
Capn Ahab

Re: Bristol Craft Brewers

Post by Capn Ahab »

Hi Roger,

I'm Mark, one of the new guys also affiliated to Bristol Brewing Circle. As I said to Matt in an email, really enjoyed last Thursday's meet, and great to meet so many experienced brewers. Now feeling about 100% re-inspired to get my all-grain kit together. The beers we tasted were pretty awesome too.

Are you the Arbor Ales bloke who was sat opposite me? Sorry, can't remember anyone's names except Richard and Matt...

Cheers,

Ahab
Eat sh*t or die trying
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Hi there,

Steve here from BCB.

I have been brewing for about 3 years, first kits and then straight into Full mash, all Grain Brewing, I have an interest in brewing old British beers from recipes from The Durden Park Beer Circle and I brew some near clones such as Ushers (Trowbridge) Autumn Frenzy and more recently Brew Dog 'Trashy Blonde'. I am starting to think I will play with some of the Durden park recipes and use modern hops (they tend to use fuggles and goldings only) and see what might have been in a Steampunk kind of way!

Until all those from BCB who want to use this forum have signed up I will still communicate, in part via our email list I hope to put my candidate recipes for the BBE (Big Barrel Experiment) in the next day or two.

Must dash - I am Sparging my latest Brew an OG. 1050 Oatmeal Stout from 1909 (Durden Park No. 92)

Steve
The craft beer revolution will not be sanitised!
(Apologies to Gil Scott-Heron)
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I'm one of the 'gang of four' at the first ever BCB meeting

I'm on the far right.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

I'm in. Did a brew on the weekend - see the recipes and ingerdients section for details. Thursday was fun, lots of good beer. Looking fwd to the next one.

Steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
MapperMatt

Post by MapperMatt »

Hi all,
Matt here, yep i'm in!
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

Ali here, also part of the Bristol Brewing Circle.
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com
richpoole

Post by richpoole »

Hello all,

i have also registered. I am the hop geek. I have been grain brewing for 13 years and still improving and still loving it. My favourite beers are hoppy ones but also just generally like any quality beers. I have enjoyed the range of beers we've tasted at the meeting and look forward to tasting more.
I am glad to read that the rhizomes are being planted, it will hopefully be a bumper year.

cheers
He who chases two rabbits catches neither.