Beer bottle bear
Bristol Brewers

Last visit was: It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Kefir
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:06 am 

I've been making milk kefir for about a year and have excess grains to give away. For those that don't know, it's a fermented milk product that produces a slightly fizzy, sour drink packed full of good gut bacteria that aid intestinal health, digestion etc. It couldn't be easier to make, just pour milk into a jar with the 'grains' (actually strange jelly like lumps of yeast and bacteria) and leave for a day or two.

Makes very good smoothies.

Got enough to give to one person, though the grains multiply over time so that they can be split and shared repeatedly.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Kefir
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:23 pm 

Hi there! I know this post is a year old, but I was wondering if you still have excess grains to give away? I'd love to start fermenting for goat's milk kefir :) No worries if not! Cheers :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Kefir
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:55 pm 

Hey Hannah, I recently started making Kefir from goats milk. Only on the second generation so don't quite have enough yet but will have some to give away quite soon. I don't check this very often at all at the moment so if I don't reply on here you can use my email address leebotton@gmail.com
cheers

Offline Profile