stc -1000

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
rodneygullick

stc -1000

Post by rodneygullick »

help I bought a STC-1000 for my cool box they don't explain things very well ,I wired it up according to the wiring diagram expecting it to work, how wrong can you be the cooling system would not start up , I then had another look at the wiring diagram I noticed it said the controller would NOT pass its AC power to the heater and cooler but only control them in ON/OFF basis I then realized that the heater and cooler had to be powered up first, so I put another lead with a plug on and connected it up to where the positive and negative were in the controller it blew the fuse what do I do ?
PMowdes

Re: stc -1000

Post by PMowdes »

HI Rodney

Have a look at this link

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/how-har ... -a-385792/

It's American but the principal should be the same.

I think Steve C has an STC1000 setup so maybe he might be able to help.

Try not to blow yourself up.
60 percent of the time it works every time.
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

Also if you use google images and search STC1000 there are plenty of wiring diagrams
60 percent of the time it works every time.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

rodneygullick wrote:help I bought a STC-1000 for my cool box they don't explain things very well ,I wired it up according to the wiring diagram expecting it to work, how wrong can you be the cooling system would not start up , I then had another look at the wiring diagram I noticed it said the controller would NOT pass its AC power to the heater and cooler but only control them in ON/OFF basis I then realized that the heater and cooler had to be powered up first, so I put another lead with a plug on and connected it up to where the positive and negative were in the controller it blew the fuse what do I do ?

Buy one ready wired! Worth it for the peace of mind.
mrlard

Post by mrlard »

go steady!