New brewpub in BS6

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
PMowdes

New brewpub in BS6

Post by PMowdes »

I came across a new brewpub which is opening in BS6 (no details of the exact location yet).

I've been chatting with the brewer and he said we might be able to go there for a brew day once it's opened. I'm not sure what the capacity is but the kit is all copper clad and very shiny.

I have asked the brewer to come along to one of our meetings to say hello.

Any way, here's a link to the website

http://brewhouseandkitchen.com
60 percent of the time it works every time.
EckersKlein

Re: New brewpub in BS6

Post by EckersKlein »

Did this ever come to fruition? Can't seem to find any evidence they exist other than some old facebook and twitter posts.
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

Rich and I happened to go in the potential venue (just off whiteladies rd) on the way back from the Tour of britain and the guy behind the bar let it slip that it would be changing into the bristol brewhouse and kitchen.

He said it had been delayed for some reason, licensing or landlord or something. I think it'll still happen but don't hold your breath.
EckersKlein

Post by EckersKlein »

Not sure if I should get my hopes up anyway, but it would be nice if they have an adventurous brewer who is given some freedom from management.
-Eric
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

The Hill bar on Cotham hill? It's been operating under a variety of names in recent years. Not a great pub by any stretch of the imagination.
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

Hit the nail on the head Rog. They had some beers on from the Dorset Brewhouse (same brewer), nothing stronger than 5% and fairly samey.

Think i'm looking forward to small bar employing a decent brewer and getting their kit running more