BHF London to Bath Cyle Ride October

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
Jeltz69

BHF London to Bath Cyle Ride October

Post by Jeltz69 »

Well I have just returned from a meeting at the pub where I agreed that I would join group of people cycling from London to Bath in aid of the British Heart Foundation on 5th October 2014.

I understand the course is 114 miles, which would be by far in a way the furthest I have cycled and since I only got back on a bike after a 2 year break due to back problem I'm going to have to train hard to get fit enough to complete it. (and there's only 3 months!!)

If anyone fancies sponsoring me I have set up a just giving page https://www.justgiving.com/Nic-Firth
periolus

Re: BHF London to Bath Cyle Ride October

Post by periolus »

I did this ride three years ago. If you want to chat about it then drop me a line. I'll sponsor you.
FV1: EMPTY
FV2: EMPTY
Conditioning: NOWT
Drinking:Countdown Conundrum - Best Bitter; Haka! The Herald - Pacific IPA
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

Excellent, my training is going well, I think. I've done several 70+ mile rides around here which I think will be hillier than the route, but I'm just waiting for that to be published.
periolus

Post by periolus »

That's great! Yeah, you only need to train up to 80 miles for a ride like that. If you're doing it in October then you shouldn't get as hot, it's a good time of year for it. If you get one of those kiddie trailers, then you should be able to tow a cornie with little trouble ; )
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

Under 4 weeks now and training is going well.

If anyone fancies supporting my by making a donation to my Just Giving page then the address in the initial post.