Possible discount at Keynsham

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
Jeltz69

Possible discount at Keynsham

Post by Jeltz69 »

I popped into Keynsham to get a couple of bits and he said that they have a new website which apparently they can (if he works out how) sort out club discounts on.

I suggested that actually an in house discount at the shop would probably work better for him as most of us will walk in to buy 1 thing and leave with several!

Have we ever considered a club membership card that we could show at any shops or events willing to give us discount? I suspect that the pub would extend their Camra discount to us is we asked and and maybe a few others could be persuaded, who knows?
I_used_to_brew

Re: Possible discount at Keynsham

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I did ask "love to brew" for a discount viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1159&p=8040&hilit=discount#p8040 but it fell on deaf ears. I think a membership card and a discount in the local HB shops is a good idea.

I doubt we have the 'power' like CAMRA to get a discount in pubs, join CAMRA for that!
Jeltz69

Re: Possible discount at Keynsham

Post by Jeltz69 »

I think the difficulty with asking Love to Brew is that is a business in the throws of starting up which is always the hardest time unless you have something like a trust fund to fall back on! If a business survives and get itself established then it can look at discounting to establish a greater market share but I think that love to brew had set their prices to under cut competition already so their ability to discount further was low at that phase of developing the business.