Good Pubs in Clifton/Cotham/Redland

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
Capn Ahab

Good Pubs in Clifton/Cotham/Redland

Post by Capn Ahab »

A mate of mine is coming to Bristol for his stag weekend and I have been asked to suggest places to stay and and places to drink. I'm pretty well versed with pubs in town and near to me (St werburghs), but I don't really know any pubs over the posh side o town. Does anyone have any recommendations of really, really good pubs in the Clifton area?

Also, I haven't been to the Crofters Rights yet, is it worth it? And what was the Royal Naval Volunteer like last Thurs (as a pub, rather than BCB venue)?
Eat sh*t or die trying
PMowdes

Re: Good Pubs in Clifton/Cotham/Redland

Post by PMowdes »

Kingsdown has the Hillgrove which is a fairly good real ale pub, bit like the miners but a bit nicer. There's the Hare on the hill which is ok for a bath ales pub (at least they have a shark selection of craft beer.) there's Beerd and the Highbury vaults in Kingsdown. As for Clifton the Lansdown is ok. Steer clear of Racks unless you like toffs and really really expensive drinks
60 percent of the time it works every time.
SandyM

Re: Good Pubs in Clifton/Cotham/Redland

Post by SandyM »

RNV is nice but pricey, same for Crofters Rights. The Clyde Arms just off Whiteladies Rd was pretty decent last time I was there but this was about 3 years ago. I would suggest going into town for the beermuda triangle, The Bank and Colston Yard rather than round Clifton though tbh.
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.