Crofter's rights

Anything off-topic. If you're a new user please feel free to introduce yourself here.
steve crawshaw

Crofter's rights

Post by steve crawshaw »

I wandered in here after a few elsewhere on saturday night. They have opened it right up and it doesn't have the room at the back that smelt of feet anymore. There was around 8 - 10 keg beers on. It has a nice vibe, you can bring your bike in, lock to a wall bike lock bracket, on which you can also rest your pint.

All the beers seemed to be interesting styles. It did make me wonder whether the craft beer market has enough demand to sustain it though. If I fancied a nice pint of bitter, I don't think I could find one in there. Not moaning, just saying...

cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
Bimster

Re: Crofter's rights

Post by Bimster »

I went there a week or so ago and the friend I was with did have a pint of bitter. Seems that it all depends on what they've got on.

The inside was still work in progress but seemed pleasant enough and nice to have a selection of beers with prices that are not as astronomical as other similar establishments (Barley Mow and Colston Yard spring to mind).
James

BJCP Certified Judge
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

Bimster wrote:.. with prices that are not as astronomical as other similar establishments (Barley Mow and Colston Yard spring to mind).
I hear you mate. £15 for 3 drinks in the Barley mow last time I was there!!
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

Still pretty pricey though, £6.60 for a pint and a half of Wiper & True Amarillo!?!
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.