Wetherspoon's Beer Festival! Yeah OK I Know But Really......

Anything and everything about beer and brewing it.
SteveW

Wetherspoon's Beer Festival! Yeah OK I Know But Really......

Post by SteveW »

I popped in to my local (The Van Dyke Forum) this morning and sampled a few Ales.

Not news worthy in itself, but the latest edition of their magazine details the beers that are available in their beer festival and includes details of the hop varieties used in each beer which I thought would help people such as myself begin to understand which hops go together in a beer.
Wetherspoon's are offering three thirds for the price of a pint so you can try a few beers to see if you enjoy the hop character.

If you're a CAMRA member with vouchers that's £1.55 for three beers!!

Sorry if this is a bit disjointed but I have had a few ales!

Enjoy!
The craft beer revolution will not be sanitised!
(Apologies to Gil Scott-Heron)
I_used_to_brew

Re: Wetherspoon's Beer Festival! Yeah OK I Know But Really..

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Great stuff, got a new 'spoons up the road in Hanham (Jolly Sailor) and the next three months worth of vouchers are good to go.

But first, Saturday will be the first brewday for 2-3 months, something malty and hoppy sounds about right. Then to tidy the hop freezer and sort out whatever I'm taking along to the next meeting for the hop swap (loads of Marynka and Northdown from memory).
steve crawshaw

Re: Wetherspoon's Beer Festival! Yeah OK I Know But Really..

Post by steve crawshaw »

good luck with the brew rog. I too will be brewing - also something malty and hoppy!

Hope to check out some ale at 'Spoons. The commercial rooms is my local.
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.