Brewing with bread - Bristol Food Connections Festival

Anything and everything about beer and brewing it.
ToastAle

Brewing with bread - Bristol Food Connections Festival

Post by ToastAle »

Hello, I'm Julie from Toast Ale, a beer that launched in January that is brewed by replacing some of the barley with surplus fresh bread that would otherwise go to waste.
Our mission is three fold: to brew great beer by re-purposing surplus, to raise awareness of food waste, and to donate all profits from the sale of our beer to Feedback - an environmental organisation campaigning against food waste at every level of the food system.
I have been offered a slot at the festival from 3-4.30pm on Friday 29th April and we thought it would be a great opportunity to tell our story, sample our beer and some test batches and share our recipe to encourage home brewers to brew their bread.
However being based in Dalston, East London I need to know if there will be an audience for this on Friday afternoon that will make best use of the slot at the festival and that will also make it worthwhile for me dragging beers out West!

I look forward to hearing what you all think. Will anyone be able to come along on the day? Can anyone help me arrange the details of the session/advise as to what might work best.

Please let me know. Thanks, Julie
http://www.toastale.com/
I_used_to_brew

Re: Brewing with bread - Bristol Food Connections Festival

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I'll be working so I won't be there.

It's a shame you're not around Bristol on the evening of the 2nd May then you could have given a talk at our meeting.
ToastAle

Re: Brewing with bread - Bristol Food Connections Festival

Post by ToastAle »

I need to be back in London on Monday unfortunately, would love to have come along. I appreciate the session planned is during the working day and so makes it difficult. Are there any other interested parties?
Julie