problem with mash tun

Anything and everything about beer and brewing it.
EckersKlein

Re: problem with mash tun

Post by EckersKlein »

For a short-term fix, just stir up the mash every 15 minutes or so. Even well-insulated mash tuns can benefit from an occasional stir, especially in the first few minutes of mashing when the inner walls of the mash tun haven't fully heat-soaked yet, and thus are still drawing heat out of the mash.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

RogerP wrote:The 5 gallon cylindrical coolers are available in Bristol, a shop called IQRA opposite Lawrence Hill station has them in stock in a variety of colours.
Also now in Malik's at the Old Market end of stapleton road - £22.95. Comes with a tap.
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
Retrolamp

Post by Retrolamp »

Went to the shop opposite the station the other day, those orange tubs with the tap were only £18 but they were small and felt really cheap. Plus the shop as shut so I rang the owner. He rang me I turned up and then got really annoyed and kept ringing me all day as he didn't realise I had been in.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Retrolamp wrote:Went to the shop opposite the station the other day, those orange tubs with the tap were only £18 but they were small and felt really cheap. Plus the shop as shut so I rang the owner. He rang me I turned up and then got really annoyed and kept ringing me all day as he didn't realise I had been in.
Awesome, glad you found the place, should make a nice mash tun.