Google+

Anything and everything about beer and brewing it.
Jeltz69

Google+

Post by Jeltz69 »

I don't know if anyone here uses Google+ but if you do I've just set up a British Brewing community, so feel free to join :) https://plus.google.com/communities/109 ... 0351659820
I_used_to_brew

Re: Google+

Post by I_used_to_brew »

G+ is a crock
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

Then don't join Roger Image
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Jeltz69 wrote:Then don't join Roger Image

It's not that simple to avoid Google+ it's quite ingrained in Android. It seems I have a G+ account and having just checked it, it's shared some images and a few other things that I didn't know it had. Some of my contacts are on there sharing what look like sensitive work related documents. It's the way it sucks data from you without you realising.

If you try and delete a G+ account, it's so linked in with docs, youtube etc that it makes that difficult.

I'm not sure of any "social media" (I hate that phrase) network that is like G+. Join G+ if you like, but be very aware of what you are doing, it's a nasty piece of shite.

Nothing wrong with forums.
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

RogerP wrote: it's shared some images and a few other things that I didn't know it had. Some of my contacts are on there sharing what look like sensitive work related documents. It's the way it sucks data from you without you realising.
You can turn that off in your settings. Google are obsessed with G+, it has some advantages if you want to promote your website / business but otherwise it's not that great as no-one actually uses it for what it's meant for.
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

Google's obsession with it is what makes me think that they will do whatever is needed to establish it as a market leader. I think that over the next few years G+ will find its place and I suspect that the communities will become more common and heavily used.
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

Given the comments here some might find this funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymkA1N3o ... re&index=7
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

Jeltz69 wrote:Given the comments here some might find this funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymkA1N3o ... re&index=7
You are right :)
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.