Extract

Anything and everything about beer and brewing it.
Capn Ahab

Extract

Post by Capn Ahab »

I can't do any heavy lifting so due to my set up/process, I can't do an all grain brew. Anyone know somewhere to get good fresh extract? What's love to brew like?
Eat sh*t or die trying
I_used_to_brew

Re: Extract

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I reckon the dried is all OK, pain to dissolve though. The Cedarex extract that malt miller sells is top end (liquid) commercial stuff so should be good. The 25kg is good value but you won't be able to lift it...

What are you going to do Mark, small batches?
Capn Ahab

Post by Capn Ahab »

I figure I can do 20 l as long as I have help moving the fv. The boiler sits on the counter and is moved there empty then filled, then post boil empties directly into fv underneath. I was really just thinking about getting a couple of 1.5 kg cans to tide me over as stocks are getting low....
Eat sh*t or die trying
Capn Ahab

Post by Capn Ahab »

Good shout on the malt Miller there. Just bought 2 x premium 1.5 kg pouches of extract for 20 quid including postage.
Eat sh*t or die trying
Bimster

Post by Bimster »

Sounds like you need to do a collaboration brew mate. That way, your fellow collaborator can do the lifting!
James

BJCP Certified Judge
Capn Ahab

Post by Capn Ahab »

Did one a couple of weeks ago and still ended up lifting things I shouldn't have - my fault though... Extract arrived today so will get a brew on on Saturday.
Eat sh*t or die trying
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

how did it turn out?
Capn Ahab

Post by Capn Ahab »

Still in secondary (busy boy...). Tasted Ok on transfer but lacking something in the malt department, which was probably to be expected.
Eat sh*t or die trying