bocq gauloise

If you've had a particularly good commercial beer and you want to tell the world about it, please post your review here. You can also use this forum to warn us of beers to avoid.
steve crawshaw

bocq gauloise

Post by steve crawshaw »

This is a belgian golden \ blonde ale that LIDL have occasionally - it's in now. There'a blonde version about 6% and an amber at 5.5%. The amber is a cracking beer, well balanced with a strong malty character and spicy hop nose. £4.99 for 4 330ml bottles (bottle conditioned). I recommend it.
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
vacant

Re: bocq gauloise

Post by vacant »

steve crawshaw wrote:bottle conditioned
Worth harvesting the yeast or is it not contributing much?
When a man is tired of beer, he is tired of life; for there is in beer all that life can afford
steve crawshaw

Re: bocq gauloise

Post by steve crawshaw »

vacant wrote:Worth harvesting the yeast or is it not contributing much?
yes I think it would be, although I'm never quite sure if it would be the same yeast that they use for brewing it or a bottling yeast that might give different results. There's not much yeast in each bottle so you might need to sink a few. Not normally a problem for me..

http://www.bocq.be/english/ownbrands/gauloise.php
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.