2014 - UK National Homebrew Competition, Bristol

Local and National competitions, including the NHC and the Welsh National.
Taz Ales
Site Admin

Re: 2014 - UK National Homebrew Competition, Bristol

Post by Taz Ales »

I'll be there Mark
Taz
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

And details for the schedule of the competition (also going out as an email):

Judge and steward allocations will be announced on the day. All judging will take place in pairs, with each pair likely to judge 12-14 beers per session. Some categories will require a mini-BoS to decide placings from multiple flights.

In order to reduce the amount of paper that is needed, in this age of smartphones, full paper sets of guidelines will not be available (there will be some). If you have a smartphone or tablet and haven't already downloaded the free BJCP Style Guidelines App, please do so by following these links or typing bjcp into the relevant app store- iPhone version , Android version, Blackberry version, Blackberry Playbook version, ePub (Nook, iPad) version, Kindle version

Friday 12 September - Wiper and True, James Street, St Werburghs.

A number of smaller categories will be judged at Wiper and True from 5.30pm. If you are coming to judge or steward, we will begin at 5.30, with a view to judging starting at 6pm, and finished by 8pm.

Saturday 13 September - St Werburghs Community Centre, Horley Road, St Werburghs

Setup begins at 8. All those who are available should aim to be there as early as they can, so that we can get judging underway by 9.30. There will be two sessions. The first session should end around 12 noon, with lunch provided for judges and stewards. The second session will start at 1pm (or close to it with an end time of 3.30). Best of Show Judging will take place at 4pm, with awards announced by 4.30-5pm. Cleanup needs to be done by 9pm.
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I'll try and make Friday (depends on traffic etc) and will be there shortly after 8am on Saturday. Should be a good day.
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

RogerP wrote:I'll try and make Friday (depends on traffic etc) and will be there shortly after 8am on Saturday. Should be a good day.
Excellent. We have more judges than in the past, and we should be able to knock out quite a bit on Friday, so it should be smooth.
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com
Bimster

Post by Bimster »

Hi guys,

Sorry to say, I can't make the labelling on Tuesday or the Friday judging session as you've managed to tie up with BRI shifts!

See you all on Saturday 13th if not before.
James

BJCP Certified Judge
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

Capn Ahab wrote:Right we need people to come and help sort the entries into their respective categories and to label each bottle. Several people volunteered at bcb the other night and the consensus was that Tuesday would be best for most people. It will take place from 5ish at wiper and true in the burg.

Many hands make light work and all that so please let me know if you are able to come and help. I'm sure there'll be beer in it for us somewhere.

Cheers

I'll be there, traffic depending i should make it for just after 5.
60 percent of the time it works every time.
FluDavid

Post by FluDavid »

A late post but just want to say sorry for not being about to stewart / judge, thought I would be able to but had stuff out of my hands come up. I think I may be able to make it for the announcements but its looking very unlikely. :( Will all the winners be posted?